Author Topic: Martinsyde S.1 Scout, '30 Sqd RFC', Kut-al-Amara, Mesopotamia, Autumn, 1915  (Read 3686 times)

Offline Old Man

Re: Martinsyde S.1 Scout, '30 Sqd RFC', Kut-al-Amara, Mesopotamia, Autumn, 1915
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 10:35:21 AM »
Great to see this model come to fruition OM, and what a wonderful looking model it is, it was excellent to watch you progress through the build of this model but to see it now finished is the icing on the cake, thank you also for the wonderful history that you researched so thoroughly.

Des.

You are too kind, Sir.

This one did go together without much trouble. I would not dare say I was getting the hang of this, but suspect I may be getting savvy at picking subjects I can do well....

Offline Old Man

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2014, 10:38:50 AM »
excellent model, excellent and informative post and excellent base, thats a lot of excellence compiled here :)

best regards,
Sasho

Thank you, Sir.

I was lucky to find small packages of colored grout in the doll-house section of my old local hobby shop, in various buff and brown and grey tints. the stuff makes excellent dirt in 1/72; the powder is fine enough bits of it will waft away on the air.

Offline Old Man

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2014, 10:40:20 AM »
Great model, breathtaking story behind it. Very well done, OldMan!

Thank you very much, Sir. I wish I could finish to even half the standard you routinely manage.

Offline Old Man

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2014, 10:41:38 AM »
Great little scratch build and thanks for the fascinating presentation. Bravo, well done.

Thank you, Sir!

This one was a rather fun to do; it is a type I have wanted to do for a long time.

Offline Old Man

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2014, 10:44:31 AM »
Apart from looking at your scratch built little wonders i always enjoy the historical content that you provide us with. Thank you very much.

Stefan

Thank you, Sir.

The first Mesopotamian campaign was quite a passage of history. From some angles, pretty much the last of the classic empire-building campaigns in nineteenth century style.

Offline Old Man

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2014, 10:47:28 AM »
Another beautiful scratch build and terrific Historical info! Looks stunning on the base!
RAGIII

Thank you very much, Sir!

Before too long I expect to start another, one of the Naval 'steel Farmans' that flew in the airlift after Kut was besieged.

Offline Old Man

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2014, 10:49:48 AM »
Lovely work, as usual, OM. Thanks also for the historical background - very interesting!

Ian

Thank you, Sir.

Glad you like it. It is quite a story behind this one. Lt. Strange's machine was a great temptation (and has a nifty finish, too, with large green patches on the linen), but this one has real historic significance.

Offline Old Man

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2014, 10:51:42 AM »
I agree with all of  the previous comments and always look forward to seeing your models. You must have a world class reference library.

Much appreciated, Sir. Glad you got a look at it.

I was rather fortunate in tracking down references for this. I found not only Mr. Cutlack's Australian history on line, but the official history of the campaign by the Indian Government.

Offline Old Man

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2014, 10:53:46 AM »
Your scratch builds of the lesser known early types are truly inspirational and this one is no exception. I agree with everything written above +10 - excellent all around. The historical notes are really informative and interesting.

Thank you, Sir. Very glad you like it. It is nice to meet another afficianado of the odd duck.

As I said above, i expect my next scratch-build will be a pusher, an H.F. 27.

Offline Old Man

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2014, 10:54:58 AM »
Hello, OM -

Great work!

I really admire scratch built models

Regards

Dave

Thank you very much, Sir.

A taste for the out-of-the-way will drive  modeller to desperate deeds....