Author Topic: Mirage Halberstadt Cl.II jig  (Read 992 times)

Offline jamieg

Mirage Halberstadt Cl.II jig
« on: November 10, 2014, 03:54:24 AM »
Hi folks;

The kit instructions say that the jig can be used to set the dihedral of the lower wings, but I cannot find any mention of where they should be sited on the wings to accomplish this. Can anybody give me an idea as to the correct position?

Thanks,

Jamie

Offline Berman

Re: Mirage Halberstadt Cl.II jig
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 06:58:19 AM »
Jamie,
          On page 10 of the instruction booklet, there is an inset photo of the jig attached to the lower wing with a rubber band at the interplane strut location. Page 12 shows using this same jig for the top wing assembly.

Offline jamieg

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 09:58:47 AM »
Yes, I see those, but there is no mention of where along the wing they have attached the jig. From the photo on pg.10 it appears to be somewhere near the strut attachment point. It is going to make a difference to the dihedral of a couple of degrees if you position the jig inboard or outboard of the strut attachment point.

Offline Berman

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 11:14:59 AM »
Jamie,
         If you look carefully at page 12, you will see a drawing of the lower wing with yellow lines indicating the position of the templates just outside the interplane struts. Arrows on drawing labeled "template" pointing to yellow lines.

Offline jamieg

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 11:29:13 AM »
Ah, I see that now, it only took the optivisor to see it. They need to remember when they do these instruction sheets that a lot of us have old eyes. I could not make out the yellow line without assistance. Anyway, I really appreciate your help.

Jamie