Author Topic: Canada Customs  (Read 949 times)

Offline jknaus

Canada Customs
« on: October 04, 2014, 06:28:22 AM »
Might be the wrong place, but here goes. Any of my Canadian friends ever have customs refuse a WNW package? Just checked my tracking number this morning and the last entry is Customs rejected my kits and is returning them to sender. Anyone heard of this before or know what a fellow can do?
James

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
Re: Canada Customs
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 07:17:38 AM »
That's a strange one James.  I've never had that problem.  All my shipments from WnW have
gone through swimmingly.  If they have sent it back, I would think Wingnuts would get hold
of you to make arangements to resend it.  Good luck straightening it out.

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 09:43:27 AM »
James,
   What Bloody next from these Guys!?!? I just received a Kit from them at our same Post Office this Monday, no problems. In the past they once charged me about 25% Customs/Duties Fees, (that's one order of over a dozen) and my wife unknowingly paid it, I wouldn't have paid.
     I'd be demanding an explanation, they appear to "make it up as they go along" at times. To my knowledge the list of things that are not allowed entry couldn't possibly come remotely close to a plastic Model Airplane or accessory!
    Hope you get this resolved, I'd be &^(*^*% furious!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline jknaus

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 10:07:22 AM »
I am very upset Lance. I got email today that my 2 new sheets of Lifelike decals has been mailed. They are set 3 and 4 and have some Fokker DVII F's which will be my first. Dont want to order anything more yet till I find out why. I wonder if they consider the models offensive weapons?? Anyways trying and get hold of a real person is definately not a treat.
James

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 05:46:02 PM »
Hello James,

Sorry to hear your WnW shipment was refused by the customs. In Belgium we have a legal robbery by the customs too. They just open your packages. They once damaged one of my beautiful boxes from WnW, and then they charge us with unreasonable amounts for handling. They ask money for ruine our goods. And more, they do it slowly, so we just have to wait and wait.

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 05:55:48 PM »
I have had no problems with the UK customs and post office getting deliveries from WNW however on all but a couple of occasions we've been stung for the VAT ans a "release fee".  I always allow for these fees when working out what I can afford to buy.

I hope you get your kit sorted James, it does sound like a one off this time?

Dekenba

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 08:33:12 PM »
Perhaps it was mis-addressed, or the packaging broke?

In the UK we get stung for 20% of the value of the kits plus an £8 fee - no pay, no kits.