Author Topic: Pilotless Flying Bomb  (Read 1209 times)

Offline Dirigible-Al

Pilotless Flying Bomb
« on: September 26, 2014, 03:11:39 AM »
Hi Guys
I sometimes do a little 'future project serching' and one subject that shows enormous promise is the building of WWI flying bombs. I unfortunatly have very limited internet access now but despite that I have aquired enough information to build an American Kettering Flying Bomb and a RAF AT Bomb, plans and all. One that eludes me but seems the most interesting is the Siemens Schuckert Torpedo Glider. I have a few images of it but only side or front views, No plans. This is not enough to be able to build one so does anybody have any plans or know a book-magazine that will have this information?
Cheers, Alan.
I heard that it all started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry!

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
Re: Pilotless Flying Bomb
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 03:35:49 AM »
I don't have it in front of me, I'm at work, it's at home -- but I think the new-ish Jack Herris SSW book might have drawings(?) Certainly there is a chapter devoted to the flying bombs.

Offline Dirigible-Al

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 02:08:07 AM »
Thanks Bo

I have just asked someone who has the book and they have confirmed that it indeed has plans in it. I have a SSW D.III in the stash so I guess with 2 reasons now to buy it I will.

Cheers, Alan
I heard that it all started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry!

Offline Berman

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 08:59:58 AM »
Grey Matter Figures will soon be releasing a 1/48 scale kit of the Siemens Schuckert glider bomb.  It will be complete with a separate torpedo bomb and support trestles to display the glider. Interior framing allows the glider to be displayed with the hinged fuselage open at the bottom if so desired.  The kit will contain accurate three view detailed drawings. There is a photo at the Siemens factory with the glider suspended by chains and the torpedo bomb laying on the floor beneath it.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 09:59:05 AM »
Really looking forward to this one, Barry!  Any estimate as to when she'll be ready for release?
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Berman

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 01:15:36 AM »
Bud,
       The main molds are finished. Only the molds for the support trestles left to be completed and those are relatively easy. An email to Tim will get this off the back burner. You can find out exact release date and price at  [email protected]  His company will also be producing other 1/48 scale WWI aircraft and even a pre-war airplane in the near future. Look forward to a 1910 Coanda, Handley Page 0-100/0-400 bomber, multiple variants of Hansa Brandenburg C.I's as built by HB, Phonix, & Ufag, and a Junkers J.I. These will be very detailed accurate kits.

Offline Rob Hart

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 03:49:02 AM »
I certainly hope all of those kits come to fruition. They can consider me a confirmed customer.

Offline Dirigible-Al

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 03:24:41 AM »
I will have to keep an eye on this, my stash might just end up a bit bigger.
Alan.