Author Topic: A few recent completions  (Read 1173 times)

Offline sobrien

A few recent completions
« on: September 11, 2014, 04:01:40 AM »
Due to some downsizing, I've more time than money so some models got built. Some stash was liquidated too. But here are some I've completed recently. The gear broke while assembling the SE5a, so I used the later gear because I'd already done some decaling.WNW SE5a

Special Hobby Morane

Encore F.1. Most of the resin parts were warped and unusable, but I wanted to do an F.1, so I just used the kit parts.

Roden Albatros D.1, this I dropped while rigging but was able to rescue.

Now close your eyes, because these are Williams Brothers racers. Wedell Williams #92 and Laid Super Solution.

And finally, the Lindberg/Pyro Gee Bee R1, more like 1/28 scale. All brushpainted, no masking tape, just followed the lines.

Offline Chris Johnson

Re: A few recent completions
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 05:09:02 AM »
That's a nice collection you have there. And all you do is follow the lines? I sure wish my hand was that steady!

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline sobrien

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 05:37:49 AM »
Thanks Chris. No, I only followed the lines on the Gee Bee. The others are all brushed, but I did mask. The Gee Bee's surface was just too hard to mask. I will get the Williams Bros Gee Bee and do it right. This isn't all my collection, just ones from the past few months.
Sean

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 06:13:32 AM »
Very Nice work Sean!  I like what you've done with these.  The Voss tripe looks very good ideed!  I also really like the racers too.  Actually, the Se.5, M-S and D.I all look great! ;)  Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Bob

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 07:14:50 AM »
A superb collection there. I am blown away by the finish on the Dr 1 - very realistic. Super finish for a hairy stick too.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 09:29:15 AM »
    Some really great modelling on display here; your streaking on the F1 is exceptional. How did you do the prop, it looks like a wood carved one?
Cheers,
Lance

Offline petrov27

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 11:08:08 AM »
Very cool builds and nice variety! The Willams Bros racer kits are great - always love seeing those get built up...
-Patrick

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 12:46:46 PM »
Very fine work, Sean!  You've been busy!  Lovely models, each and every one.  I have a real fondness for the between-the-wars racers.  If I ever branch out, it'll be in that direction.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 12:59:12 PM »
Lovely work Sean! I especially like the Albie, but then I am sort of partial to them  ;D
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 09:44:50 PM »
Great work, Sean -

My favorites are the SE5a and Albatros.

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 09:55:11 PM »
Super collection, Sean. I really like the streaking on the Fokker.
Very nicely done!

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline sobrien

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2014, 12:06:12 AM »
Thank you all for the comments. Lance, the prop was painted using Tamiya tape masking and then painted with clear orange. The Fokker streaking was done by thinning olivgrun to varying degrees to get the affect. RAG III, I don't know why, but the D.I is my favorite Albatros.