Author Topic: Fine Moulds Flexible harnesses  (Read 1579 times)

modelmaker

Fine Moulds Flexible harnesses
« on: May 28, 2012, 03:50:14 PM »
Wouldn't it be nice to see these made for WW1 aircraft, very nicely detailed!  http://www.finemolds.co.jp/NC1.html

Sean

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
Re: Fine Moulds Flexible harnesses
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 08:36:25 PM »
  Sean,
You're right that would be great. I've used a simular product on a couple of my WW II era subject and they do work very well indeed. The only sort of complaint I have is that the seatbelts are just a bit too thick.On the positive side you can drape them however you'd like. Thanks for the heads up and I'll keep my fingers crossed hoping WW I era equipment .
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette

" What Me Worry"

Offline Modelnut

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 11:05:56 PM »
What kind of material are they made of? Some kind of vinyl?

Fine Molds is a very good company that produces some great kits. My friends often complain they don't release their awesome Star Wars kits fast enough ! Sound familiar? :) 

I have seen the FM Zero in 1/144 scale on the web somewhere and it looked amazing.

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 11:21:57 PM »
  Sean,
I don't know about these new items from Fine Molds but the sets I've used very from Cutting Edge I believe. They were made of some sort of flexible resin not vinyl. I don't think vinyl would do as it wouldn't hold it's shape after bending. The flexible resin belts will hold their shape after bending them. The best I can remember mine were quite easy to bend too, but I used my Wife's hairdryer to heat them a little mainly out of concern for breaking them.

Never built any of Fine Mold's Star Wars models but there aircraft kits aer quite nice as are their Japanese Miget Submarine kits.

Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

modelmaker

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 05:43:43 AM »
Gregory I have seen several of their unbuilt Armor kits and all I can say is WOW!! I don't know what material would be used but my guess would be as you mention some sort of flexible resin.
I'm very tempted to purchase perhaps a set of these belts for my WW2 aircraft kits and see what their like.

Sean