Author Topic: Pegasus Etrich Taube 1/72  (Read 2154 times)

Offline TomR1981

Re: Pegasus Etrich Taube 1/72
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2014, 07:06:44 AM »
Impressive work. I enjoyed following this one and it's great to see it finished, well done.

Tom

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2014, 07:51:09 AM »
Stunning!

Great rigging to boot

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2014, 05:17:06 AM »
Thanks to all of you for the very kind comments. They are greatly appreciated. I apologise for delaying in replying - things have been super hectic in the last three days but now are getting back to normal.

OM: thank you for your compliments: I greatly admire all that you do and to receive such a comment from you is an real honour for me. With reference to the method of putting on the wires, copper is soft and does need careful handling, but in my opinion is a better material in this scale than thread because it is thinner. There is also the problem with this particular model that with so many wires to put on, with many of them being attached to each other, I am not sure how it could be done with thread. I use superglue to attach the wires - where they are attached direct to a flat surface I make a small mark with the point of dividers so that the glue sticks better. A drop on the end of the wire is enough. I have had some practice with wire and am now used to using it. If I should bend a wire when trying to put it into place, (which happens all too frequently), I can always roll it flat again, or cut another piece. It is also remarkably cheap - I have a roll long enough to rig models of the entire RFC and all for less than £10!