Author Topic: austro-hung army aircraft of ww1 for sale  (Read 2388 times)

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
Re: austro-hung army aircraft of ww1 for sale
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 09:08:22 PM »
Steve's an excellent chap :)
That, he is!
Cheers,
Bud

But watch out for his evil twin

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2014, 02:00:52 AM »
Steve's an excellent chap :)
That, he is!
Cheers,
Bud

But watch out for his evil twin
I've met him, but then we all have one of those, don't we. ;)
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Steven Robson

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2014, 11:59:23 AM »
Each book shipped with a free pussy cat!

Dougal finishes chapter 1

Poppy: "Ohhhh, Uncle Bo, I'm not really evil, Steven just photographs me that way."

HA! Fooled you all, yes we are evil; just traded the Rittmeister's book for fish.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 02:56:28 PM by Steven Robson »
Make Otto your motto for lovely spoked wheels.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2014, 01:55:52 PM »
i think thats the first edition, i have a different dust cover. the white one with the planes on it, like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Austro-Hungarian-Army-Aircraft-World-War/dp/0963711008

Offline Steven Robson

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2014, 02:42:46 PM »
Hmmm, I reckon you're right.  This one doesn't have a dustcover either, it's the same as the one I got quite a while ago but has sat on the shelf for a long time.  Best it finds a good home and gets loved.

Lucky Rittmeister, I just posted his book cat.

He'll have to let us all know when it arrives in The land of the Long White Cloud.

Dougal leaves home to go and live with Justin in New Zealand

I got a few strange looks in the post office today.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 02:57:51 PM by Steven Robson »

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2014, 03:00:53 PM »
oh so that black cover is the actual book. mine is just a big dull red fabric looking hardcover book with the whitish dust cover(depicted in the link i placed above) with the aircraft depicted on it. i heard there were two editions released. i will have to check mine and see which it is. i read somewhere one edition had color profiles and the other didnt. mine has them.?

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2014, 03:20:30 PM »
Justin, the one Steven is sending you, along with Dougal, is the second edition, the same one I have.  Scott, yours is the first edition with the profiles.  With or without the profiles, it is an absolutely superb book.  It's the copious, excellent photographs that make it such an invaluable resource.  Mine is full of bookmarks.  For anyone who loves Austro-Hungarian aircraft, this is a must have.  I'm glad you were able to get your hands on one, Justin, and, Steve, you are an excellent chap, evil twin(s) and all, for sending it too him.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Steven Robson

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2014, 03:53:21 PM »
Thanks Bud  :)

Here's my well pawed copy.  Dougal says no colour profiles and a second edition.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 04:02:38 PM by Steven Robson »

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2014, 04:44:25 PM »
ah, i didnt remember which one i had. it has to be the first. to be honest i have looked at the color profiles but its the least interesting part of the book.anyone experienced with ww1 a/h aviation will have seen similar profiles on wings palette or wherever. the things i found neat were the way the manufacturers where organized and the way the serial numbers related to certain manufacturers. like lohner is 1 phonix 2 etc so you get lloyd is 4 so a lloyd serial number would look like for a c.v would be say 46.07 meaning its a series 46 number 07. but a wkf built lloyd c.v was series 82 cuz wkf was 8. so a wkf built lloyd c.v serial number would look like this 82.20 or whatever. it seems simple but the more manufacturers and stuff it actually gets a bit complicated. neat stuff . you are in for a good read justin. i will be you favorite book for a bit. i also like the info on all the prototypes especially the aviatik and lloyd stuff. you will see stuff and go" what the hell were these guys thinking"

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2014, 04:11:06 AM »
I've got this version in my stash  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2014, 04:54:15 AM »

Poppy: "Ohhhh, Uncle Bo, I'm not really evil, Steven just photographs me that way."

Awwwwww that's pretty darn cute... I'll see your Poppy raise you one Mickey:

Dekenba

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2014, 05:29:12 AM »
Other interesting books in a similar vein ;

German Aircraft of the First World War, Thetford. Superb record of all German types, hampered only by relatively small page size;
British Aeroplanes 1914-18 , J M Bruce. Definitive collection of all British types, 740 odd pages. Included interesting analysis of every type.
French Aircraft of the First World War, Davilla & Soltan. 600+ quality pages! including fold-out plans, for when WNW get around to Nieuports & SPADs.
Italian Aces of WWI & their Aircraft, Gentilli. The definitive Italian analysis, 600 glossy, lovely pages.
The Imperial Russian Air Service, Durkata. Massive, glossy, colourful, epic. The definitive work on the subject, even if most types are French.

That lot will give you a good, broad, high quality, in depth library of pretty much every type of WWI aircraft, save the Curtiss Jenny perhaps! But it will be expensive, so watch EBay. They do come up occasionally at reasonable money.

Offline Steven Robson

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2014, 06:00:59 AM »
Thanks for the references Dekenba  :)

Bob Von Buckles has got a nice one, let's sell him his book to the highest bidder for fun.

Mickey Mickey Mickey, your so hansom, here's a big X on your nose (now go play with Uncle Bo's models)

For Sale by public auction

Experienced Modeller:
- generally house trained
- comes complete with reference library and
- stash (single seat scouts)

Free shipping world wide
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 06:50:51 AM by Steven Robson »