Author Topic: What do you need from TaurusModels?  (Read 58708 times)

Offline taurusmodels

Re: What do you need from TaurusModels?
« Reply #135 on: December 27, 2014, 09:14:24 AM »
How about working some of your magic for the Benz Bz.III engine?  :)

Maybe some valve springs, valve rocker arms and what ever else you can offer to improve the appearance of the stock engine like you've done for the other WNW kits.

With both the WNW W.12 and W.29 kits using this same engine (and who know what else dow the road) I think it would sell. I would get at least two sets myself!

I've prepared documentation for Benz III and IV (only timing gear in first sort) - it will be ready soon :)

Offline Chuckt5

« Reply #136 on: December 27, 2014, 10:22:39 AM »
How about working some of your magic for the Benz Bz.III engine?  :)

Maybe some valve springs, valve rocker arms and what ever else you can offer to improve the appearance of the stock engine like you've done for the other WNW kits.

With both the WNW W.12 and W.29 kits using this same engine (and who know what else dow the road) I think it would sell. I would get at least two sets myself!

I've prepared documentation for Benz III and IV (only timing gear in first sort) - it will be ready soon :)

Fantastic!  ;)

Offline taurusmodels

« Reply #137 on: December 28, 2014, 12:31:32 AM »
And an easy one for you - the common selector switch handles on all German aircraft (on the right hand side)

Will be done with a set of selectors :)

Offline jknaus

« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2014, 03:46:37 AM »
And an easy one for you - the common selector switch handles on all German aircraft (on the right hand side)

Will be done with a set of selectors :)

Yeah thats what I meant. Would love those. Don't make them too soon though because I just blew what was left of my spending money on an order lol. Now I have to save up again. :)
James

Offline GrahamB

« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2014, 11:07:44 AM »
Hi,

how about a Messter Rheinbildner strip camera? This is the essential and defining equipment for the Rubild version of the Rumpler 'CIV' and is not provided in the WNW kit (late). This is odd since they do have the mechanical drive for this at bottom corner of part A31. Also, the kit version I'm intending to build, option 'C' (8037/17) - the one with the lovely Maybug/Cockchafer beetle (not a scarab!), is probably a Rubild as it has the propeller drive unit on the undercarriage.

I've seen photos (one in the Datafile for example) but haven't yet found dimensions.

Just a thought.

Happy new Year!

GrahamB

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2014, 12:15:43 PM »
I'm pretty sure I have asked this in the past but how about a selection of starting magnetos. This is a very vital part of just about every WW1 aircraft but many kits do not have this item included, plus it would be extremely useful to the scratch builder (me ;))

Many thanks

Des.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 12:22:47 PM by Des »
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Chuckt5

« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2014, 01:03:10 PM »
Those would be nice.

Offline taurusmodels

« Reply #142 on: December 29, 2014, 01:22:45 AM »
I'm pretty sure I have asked this in the past but how about a selection of starting magnetos. This is a very vital part of just about every WW1 aircraft but many kits do not have this item included, plus it would be extremely useful to the scratch builder (me ;))

Many thanks

Des.

Those magnetos (two similar types) are also under preparing :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 04:10:04 AM by taurusmodels »

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #143 on: December 29, 2014, 06:09:32 AM »
Many thanks Lukasz, I looking forward to seeing the Magneto come to fruition.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #144 on: December 29, 2014, 06:11:18 AM »
My Fokker awaits all these parts :)

Offline oldalbie

« Reply #145 on: December 29, 2014, 07:29:14 AM »
Those selector switches would be really welcome!

Offline Chuckt5

« Reply #146 on: December 29, 2014, 08:25:37 AM »
Everything Taurus offers is greatly appreciated.  ;)

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #147 on: December 31, 2014, 05:11:29 PM »
Ok, Lukasz, after going through all 11 pages, I just can't resist throwing in another suggestion.. wheel chocks...1:32, of course....I can't find any anywhere....chocks that are as well crafted as your tail stand would be outstanding. Had to ask. Anyway, I must say that you are a gift to the WWI modeling world...(however many we are)... as is this site. The happiest of holidays to you and yours....and everyone else as well. Cheers.   -M

I like it :)
I'll do it. Any pix?
Lukasz...I couldn't find any closer shots of wheel chocks other than this one - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airco_DH.5  - the second photo down. Anybody else maybe have a better photo of ships with chocks?
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline taurusmodels

« Reply #148 on: December 31, 2014, 07:40:45 PM »
Ok, Lukasz, after going through all 11 pages, I just can't resist throwing in another suggestion.. wheel chocks...1:32, of course....I can't find any anywhere....chocks that are as well crafted as your tail stand would be outstanding. Had to ask. Anyway, I must say that you are a gift to the WWI modeling world...(however many we are)... as is this site. The happiest of holidays to you and yours....and everyone else as well. Cheers.   -M

I like it :)
I'll do it. Any pix?
Lukasz...I couldn't find any closer shots of wheel chocks other than this one - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airco_DH.5  - the second photo down. Anybody else maybe have a better photo of ships with chocks?

It's enough I'm certain what is going on :)

Offline jknaus

« Reply #149 on: January 26, 2015, 01:54:23 PM »
I really like your ammunition but to tell the truth I probably wont use too many single rounds. I have been toying with the idea of cutting out the middle of the magazines and adding a new piece and then wrapping a full belt around it. So I'd like to know if you might consider selling just the belts. That way a person can buy either the set you have now with empty belt, full belt, rounds and casings, or a bag with 2 or 3 full belts but no empty belts, rounds or casings. Would that be feasible?
James