WW1 Aircraft Modeling > WW1 Aircraft Dioramas

Pfalz D.XII "Some assembly required"

(1/5) > >>

Lyle:
Hello guys,

Newbie to this fine forum and also getting back into plastic after a few years of spinning wheels with radio control.  I've discovered the incredible WNW kits (known about them since day 1, but only bought my first one recently) and was thrilled with the Pfalz D.XII. 

I saw a great photo of a D.XII being unloaded from a railcar, and thought it'd be a great subject for a little dio, so here's my attempt on the model--had to cut the bottom wing panels off and fill in any crevices with putty.  Now, that was hard to do seeing the quality, but it's all for a good cause.  Decals from Pheon Models of the Jasta 77b Pfalz with a Mercedes star. 

As for the rest of it, I need to get the figures in various poses hauling this plane, either out of a railcar or putting the tailskid onto a suitable automobile's back.  Railcars seem to be only in 1/35 that could be modified, although they are all 3rd Reich equipment.  Then again, I already have the old Minicraft kit of the 1913 Mercedes Torpedo...

Thanks for any comments or ideas--Lyle

025 by jasta77b, on Flickr

GAJouette:
  Lyle.
Your Pfalz D.XII fuselage looks excellent my friend. That's a fantastic idea for a diorama too,looking forward to seeing it all unfold.
Highest Regards.
Gregory Jouette

Des:
What a great idea Lyle, this will be a very interesting dio. The building and painting of your Pfalz is brilliant, what did you use for the tarp over the engine and cockpit, it looks very realistic.

Des.

pepperman42:
Looking forward to the diorama progress!

Steve

phs Paddy:
Outstanding Lyle. Excited to see another dio underway and with the story line you're going to present. Looking forward to following along and learning all I can about story lines and the construction of dioramas.

The more we have of these the better IMO.  ;D

Anyway, build on mate. Looking great already. "Thumbs up"

Paddy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version