Author Topic: Other eye now done  (Read 2472 times)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Other eye now done
« on: June 19, 2014, 01:05:48 PM »
I had the cataract removed from my left eye yesterday, so that is both eyes done now. Already the vision in my left eye has improved tremendously, the doctor said it would take a few days for the effects of the surgery wear off then my vision will be excellent. The doctor also said not to do any modeling for a few days as the fine work will put too much strain on my eye, so by the weekend I will be back at my model bench again  :)

Des.

Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
Re: Other eye now done
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 01:13:42 PM »
Good to hear that the surgery was a success, Des :D.  Will it affect your close-up modelling
vision at all?  My wife had both eyes done and her distance sight is perfect, but she needs
glasses for reading/computer work.

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 01:44:14 PM »
Thanks Ernie. I always use magnification glasses when I model so it won't be any different. I can still do my computer work without glasses, watch TV and drive without glasses, but need glasses for reading, but at my age that is fairly normal. Like you said about your wife though, my long distance vision is remarkable, it now gives me a whole new outlook.

Des.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 02:17:22 PM »
Great news, Des!  Looking forward to your getting back to the bench.  The Fee awaits!
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 04:10:34 PM »
That's wonderful news, Des.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 08:11:56 PM »
Thanks Ernie. I always use magnification glasses when I model so it won't be any different. I can still do my computer work without glasses, watch TV and drive without glasses, but need glasses for reading, but at my age that is fairly normal. Like you said about your wife though, my long distance vision is remarkable, it now gives me a whole new outlook.

Des.

Thanks, Des.  Figuring you were on to something down under, I was about to ship her off to Australia for an upgrade! ;) ;D  Good to know you will be back at the workbench soon. :D

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Ssasho0

• Scale Models Club Bulgaria
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 08:43:15 PM »
Seedy recovery Des!

I was wondering where is your next absolutely insane project but now have the answer. Can't wait to see you back to the bench

best regards,
Sasho
Think globally, act locally!

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 10:00:57 PM »
With both peepers fully up to speed now, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't tackle a 1:72 scratch build project with all of the detail you incorporate into your 1:32 projects.  ;D

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 10:35:41 PM »
Great to hear your eye surgery was a success ... I suppose I have the same treatment in store not too far done the road... now on with the Fee! :)

Offline LindsayT

• "Somehow it didn't seem like war at all..."
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 11:18:01 PM »
Glad to hear all went well, Des. Vision is just too precious to mess with.

Lindsay

Offline IanB

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 12:18:31 AM »
Good to hear it all went well, Des. I have the same to look forward to at some stage...

Ian

Offline IvotB

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 06:20:42 AM »
Good to hear everything went well. Hope you won't get the problems I got afterwards. If it is succesful, vision improves tremendously.

regards,
Ivo

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2014, 09:27:03 PM »
Thank you very much for all the kind and supportive words, they are greatly appreciated.

Chris - I will not be making any 1:72 scale scratch built models regardless of how good my eyes are, I have enough trouble building the large 1:32 scale, this is why I take my hat off to all those who work in the smaller scale.

Des.

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2014, 06:34:06 AM »
Hello, Des -

Glad to hear your eye surgery went well.

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline FOKKERJ

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2014, 01:44:08 AM »
Good Deal Des! Glad to hear that they fixed you and that you are able to read this.

I take my spectacles off to see up close. Sometimes I go to remove them and they are already off. I guess that it's time to keep my magnifying lenses handy.

Cheers, Jay
Studies have shown that people who have more birthdays live longer. :)