Author Topic: Paris Model Shops?  (Read 942 times)

Offline Tony Haycock

Paris Model Shops?
« on: June 11, 2014, 06:18:37 PM »
Hi

Sadly (no, not really!) I am in Paris for the next couple of days. Are there any decent model shops I should investigate should I be able to escape from my group-leading duties for a few hours?

Cheers

Tony

Offline Nigel Jackson

Re: Paris Model Shops?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 07:05:54 PM »
Hi Tony

There's a place called Euromaquette which is very near to the Gare de Paris-Lyon which always takes out full page adverts in the international Tamiya Model Magazine. The address is Galerie marchande Gamma, 193 rue de Bercy. If you go to their website  at www.euro-maquette.eu you should find a map. But do check out things like French lunchtime and Monday closure.

I have visited once or twice when they were at a different location and there is lots of stuff in display cases, but from my perspective hardly anything on WW1.

I've also seen a box advert in the same magazine for EOL  International Hobby at 3 rue de Louvre which is open from Monday to Saturday from 10 until 7pm (Monday 1 until 7pm). The nearest Metro station is Louvre Rivoli. The ad isn't too inspiring  but you never know.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline malaula

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 01:35:31 AM »
Forget about french hobby shops,go visit Le Bourget musee de'l air to see the original stuff!!!

Offline Tony Haycock

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 11:56:06 PM »
Thanks guys. Was too busy herding cats with the group I had with me so that stopped that!