WW1 Aircraft Modeling > Hints and Tips/Questions about modeling

Fokker Streaking. Show your Method

<< < (2/16) > >>

jknaus:
Great tutorial. Kind of want to try my hand at the streaking. This gives me an idea how to start.
Thanks
James

Mark:
Thanks for posting this! I haven't had the opportunity to try this color scheme yet, but now I know I won't back away from it  :)

Again, thanks!

Mark G.

coyotemagic:
I've always admired your streaking technique, amigo.  Thanks for this thread.  I'm currently using water based oils for their fast drying time, but I must admit that I like the idea of using Testors thinner with oils.  I'll have to give it a try.
Cheers,
Bud

Ian from Doncaster:
Thank you for the tutorial Rick :)  Your streaking looks very effective.  This is the same method I mostly use for woodgraining (with less variation in density of course) so would be happy to give your streaking method a go.

Using oils, are the finished surfaces OK for decals or do you give them a shot of klear or other varnish first?  I guess a coating protects the finished surfaces too?

RAGIII:

--- Quote from: Ian from Doncaster on May 28, 2014, 05:23:02 PM ---Thank you for the tutorial Rick :)  Your streaking looks very effective.  This is the same method I mostly use for woodgraining (with less variation in density of course) so would be happy to give your streaking method a go.

Using oils, are the finished surfaces OK for decals or do you give them a shot of klear or other varnish first?  I guess a coating protects the finished surfaces too?

--- End quote ---

Thanks Guys I hope Modelers continue to find this info useful. As I stated I would also like to see other Methods described here!

Ian, in answer to your question, YES an Acrylic clear gloss is applied as soon as possible after the Oils dry. This not only preps for decals but keeps the oils from wearing away through handling!
RAGIII

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version