Author Topic: My second DVII  (Read 1335 times)

Offline Kreston

My second DVII
« on: July 11, 2014, 02:48:30 AM »

Here is some progress on my second WNW DVII.  After building the first one, I have a better idea of what is seen and not seen after construction and can apply the paint accordingly.  I decided to place a pilot figure in this one.  I am using a figure from Wings Cockpit Figures, sculpted by Steve Warrilow (The Fusilier). After trial fitting I have determined that the pilot will be painted and positioned at this stage...before assembly of the cockpit resumes.  It will be too difficult to squeeze him into place later.  This is the OAW version (my first build was the Fokker built DVII with Jacob's markings) and I will keep the markings under wraps until I have committed 100%. 
I shall never forget my admiration for that German pilot, who single handed, fought seven of us for ten minutes. I saw him go into a fairly steep dive and so I continued to watch, and then saw the triplane hit the ground and disappear into a thousand fragments...James McCudden

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: My second DVII
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 02:54:28 AM »
Nice start, Kreston!  That pilot figure is really cool.  Can't wait to see how this one comes together.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 09:29:27 AM »
Looks great! I am looking forward to seeing that Pilot painted!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 09:32:06 AM »
A really good start Kreston and the addition of the figure will make this build even more interesting.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 01:13:03 PM »
Good start, Kreston.  The pilot figure will be an interesting addition.
I look forward to following the build.

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 09:12:12 AM »
I'm really keen on seeing how the figure turns out  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline jknaus

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 10:06:04 PM »
Looking good. I especially like the figure . Changes the looks considerably.
James

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 10:20:20 PM »
It looks very cool with the pilot figure. Having just completed my first D.VII cockpit, I'm leaning more and more to your philosophy when it comes to super detailing and painting what simply won't be seen. It just seems that all of the time and effort is wasted.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline mgunns

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 04:54:49 AM »
Hello Kreston:

Good job on the cockpit.  I always liked figures in the models, gives them a sense of scale and animation.  I am looking forward to seeing what markings you will do and how the figure turns out in the cockpit.  Like you, after doing one of these, you know what to spend a lot of time on as it will be virtually invisible once buttoned up.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....