Author Topic: What's your work space look like?  (Read 16790 times)

Offline Chris Johnson

Re: What's your work space look like?
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2012, 09:05:39 AM »
Very nice Yellow Wings Ken. Since building an interwar Devastator I'm hooked on these colour schemes so I'm interested in building one of these biplanes myself. I just need to luck into the Hasegawa 1/32 kit at a reasonable price, that ships outside the U.S. That seems to be the biggest hurdle to overcome.

Cheers,

Chris
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 09:13:10 AM by Chris Johnson »
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2012, 09:24:38 AM »
  Ken,
Outstanding pair my friend especially in pre-war yellow wings.From what I can see they've really nice interior details too.I hope you'll post the P-12E's later on .
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2012, 12:06:40 PM »
Ken,
   Pleased to see that I'm sort of normal; your work area now is more closely matched to mine. Nice pair of F4B's: if any subject ever dragged me kicking and screaming out of WWI Builds it would no doubt be the USN machines of the between the wars period, if not this particular aircraft. So much colour, variety, and definitely very pretty aircraft!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Galloway

« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2012, 01:20:45 PM »
Thanks Guys.... I'll post photos of the P-12s when they are done ...............

Ken
"Slàinte mhòr agad!"

Offline Jim52

Re: What's your work space look like? A total mess!
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2012, 11:44:29 PM »
This is why I shouldn't work on more than one project at at time!   :P
My bench comes down with a case of "Terminal Tool Creep". :(

Jim

Offline IanB

« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2012, 11:36:31 AM »
There are some interesting workspaces here! Here's my current set up. I'm renting a huge (650sq ft) cottage at the moment, so space is, shall we say, limited! My work desk is under the window on one side, the display cabinet and stash is on the other. OK, so I no longer have a spare chair, but I never used it....

Ian
oh yes, and there's a suitcase in the bedroom with an unbuilt Airfix 1:24 Stuka and 1:12 Blower Bentley waiting for more space..... ;D

Offline Ken

« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2012, 01:47:40 PM »
  The die cast WWI and Golden Wings collection pics after I got the basement finished about 18 months ago.   I have a space 26 ft long by 13 feet wide tapering to 9 feet at the back where I built the big table on casters ( that is where I hide all those offensive boxes the wives hate) My kids are out of college and the basement was filled of junk  so I took over 1/2.    Collected die cast slowly for 20+ years but never had more than 4 to 5 on display somewhere in the house, books and prints  all together now too.     
The desk behind the foos ball table is where I do my builds.

Now if I can just keep the dammed cats off my shelves !!!!!!

With the demise of C1 and Corgi being in a coma I've been buying kits and creating a stash the same the way I bought die cast over the years.   When birthdays , fathers day and christmas roll around  i always have a couple of ready made gifts for dad  ;)    Seems I missed out on a lot of WWI  1/48 kits over the years.  I have some catching up to do.   Some of you guys are pretty good  with the wire rigging.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2012, 02:13:52 PM »
Cool stuff, Ken.  Won't be long before your own builds are sharing space with the die cast ships.  That's quite a collection you have there.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2012, 01:09:31 AM »
My kids are out of college and the basement was filled of junk  so I took over 1/2.   

I can relate to that. Both of mine are finished university and employed, but I still have a basement overflowing with their stuff. I haven't figured out how to circumvent SWMBO and fill a dumpster with their stuff. Chances are, I'd be the first thing dumped in the bin.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Galloway

« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2012, 04:02:54 AM »
The rest of my Hobby Room...... a couple of intruders have made their way in....... Not The Jet type...... LOL

A little messy but always is while I'm working on a project....

Ken 

"Slàinte mhòr agad!"

Offline Ken

« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2012, 04:36:41 AM »
My kids are out of college and the basement was filled of junk  so I took over 1/2.   

I can relate to that. Both of mine are finished university and employed, but I still have a basement overflowing with their stuff. I haven't figured out how to circumvent SWMBO and fill a dumpster with their stuff. Chances are, I'd be the first thing dumped in the bin.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris
 A friend solved this dilemma by putting the stuff into piles each week and calling his kids to come by and pick what they wanted with the knowledge anything left went to the Good Will charity drive  after a two week deadline.  He stuck to it and slowly reclaimed his space.      I told my kids your mom and I are not your storage house but we still seem to have hung on to a few things for them. 

The first picture was after weeks of clean out and a few coats of primer on the walls.  Tough thing is that old 40+ year old black tile floor........drop a machine gun or other part  on that and its tough to find.    :'(       The more I look at that table top covered with the model railroad grass the more I think it will make a great WWI airfield diorama base.    Just have to get rid of that couch and foos ball table to make room for another table to hold  those big die cast bombers resting there now and get some sturdy stands to put the smaller fighters on the bookcases in flying attitudes vs the ones on their gear.   

Offline JoeDxMB

« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2012, 06:53:46 AM »
I evny some of you with your dedicated work stations .

I'm one who also has to use my kitchen/dining table in my apartment and make do with what I have.
I am fortunate that I do have a lot of closet space and shelving to store my supplies, sub assemblies etc.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 07:01:14 AM by JoeDxMB »

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2012, 12:15:37 PM »
Galloway,
    Just have to comment on your beautiful dogs; never had the breed (I've had German Shepherds forever) but that pair are absolutely magnificent. Also, you are obviously more clever then I; being a short hair breed the impact of a stray hair on your hobby is certainly less then what I deal with consistently (and presently I only have one.........dog that is).
Cheers,
Lance

Offline contact 123

« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2012, 05:24:36 PM »
I've always wondered...Can you rig a 1/72 using dog hairs ??? Seriously!!
My stash is out of control!

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2012, 02:46:30 AM »
I've always wondered...Can you rig a 1/72 using dog hairs ??? Seriously!!

For everyone here, if it's feasable I can help! The "mighty Thor" is blowing his winter coat at present and I'll ship the raw material free of charge! ;)
Seriously, don't know about dog hair however I have seen horse hair used on ship models in the past with nice results.
Cheers,
Lance