Author Topic: Hasegawa Fokker DR1 1/8 scale After market stuff  (Read 1149 times)

Offline murto

Hasegawa Fokker DR1 1/8 scale After market stuff
« on: May 01, 2014, 09:25:38 AM »
Hell there
I am new to the forum - I am sure there have been many forums on the subject , but I am looking for aftermarket stuff for the model . It is a great model and I have one of the original production runs + box ( the presentation almost too good as I almost do not want to start the model - been suffering this for years .... )
I am unhappy with the way the propeller looks also the wheels . So i was wondering if there are any alternatives out there . There seem to be many aftermarket pieces for the 1/32 scale stuff but not a lot for the 1/8 scale .
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated . 

Offline davecww1

Re: Hasegawa Fokker DR1 1/8 scale After market stuff
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 01:13:14 AM »
Sounds like you have a great kit to build an excellent model.  Of course to answer your question, due to the limited production of these kits I do not think any of the aftermarket companies that made parts for plastic scale models did anything for these kits.  But another source you might want to try would be the flying scale model guys, I do not know if any of them do 1/8 scale detail parts but that would be a source to look for...
Dave

Offline Beto

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 06:56:44 AM »
Arizona Models makes spoked wheels in several sizes, they may have the one you need. About the propeller, I think the best solution is to use a plan of the laminations and carve your own.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 09:50:41 AM »
Arizona Models has some very good spoke wheels but they are very expensive. As far as a propeller goes, try contacting Doug Craner in england, he make beautiful 1:32 scale laminated wood propeller but he has also dabbled in larger scales, he migh be able to help you ;  [email protected]
If you don't have any luck with Doug try Craig at The Micro Group, they also make excellent laminated wood propellers, they do 1:72, 1:48 and 1:32 scale but I don't know if they do larger sizes, it's worth a try;  [email protected]

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com