Author Topic: Fokker E.IV  (Read 4589 times)

Offline RAGIII

Re: Fokker E.IV
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2014, 12:27:12 PM »
Looking great! Nice wood and Metal work!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline mgunns

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2014, 12:33:06 PM »
Hello James:

I think your wood in the cockpit looks pretty doggone nice.  Those pesky rigging lines that vanish.  All that work and lost!   >:(  There are two lines that attach to the back of the control column under the seat that run down through the fuselage and then attach to the A45 part.  Ensure you scope out the instructions so you have them for future use.

Looking forward to your next update.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2014, 11:12:42 PM »
   The more E Series Builds I see the more complicated they appear to be. This is looking very nice James, no small undertaking, especially if you follow through on the Taurus Engine, a Build in itself!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline jknaus

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2014, 07:54:05 AM »
So redid the 4 sets of turn buckles and installed. Applied some decals and foot pedals. Painted the chains and small parts on the back wall. Added the rudder cables and the elevator cables. Will do the two cables under the seat just before I glue fuse together. Did more on the Fokker DVII too and it is almost done now.

Just need to add the 2 foot rests (will have to rob one from another kit) and I am close to buttoning this up.

James

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2014, 09:34:51 AM »
Great looking cockpit, James.  The wood and internal rigging look fantastic.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2014, 10:51:26 AM »
Really like your rendering of the wooden floor  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2014, 11:59:15 AM »
Your interior is really shaping up nicely!
RAGIII

Offline jknaus

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2014, 03:44:34 AM »
Well some aggravations today. While I read ahead I guess I didn't pay attention. There is an instrument and some decals that are shown on the colour page that aren't listed in the instruction part. The instrument is listed but somehow I missed it. I tried to add the decal to the triggers after the frame was all together. Wish it had been shown in step 1. It disappeared somewhere. Then while trying to get the tach decal on it curled around the tweezers and would not let go. Destroyed it. Also the starter switch is not really well shown. I got it on before I glued the fuse thankfully. Got the seat in and "cables" added to the control horns under the seat. Got the top of the fuse glued together and everything taped. After it has set for a while will do the bottom. I taped the turtle backs on to see how they looked. Something doesn't seem quite right but will have to check later. Maybe you can see the Engine Machining better in this picture. It is on the rear turtle back and beside an component that is just aluminum it really looks different. Any thoughts on it?

Comments and critiques welcome.

James

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2014, 08:14:33 AM »
James, Again coming along quite well! All of these Eindecker builds are certainly tempting me!
RAGIII
PS: Love the swirls!!
RAGIII

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2014, 12:03:58 PM »
James,
   The swirled portions are great, you really aced them! This is looking very nice indeed!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline BigBlue

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2014, 12:24:50 PM »
Looks great, James.  The metal finish shows up nicely.

Offline jknaus

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2014, 01:16:17 PM »
Thanks guys.
James

Offline mgunns

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2014, 12:09:50 AM »
Hello James:

I really don't see the problem with the turtledeck that you mentioned.  Except for the rear turtledeck swirls being more pronounced I don't see any problem.  So far it looks good to my eyes.  Too bad about the instruments and the little decal on the trigger.  I think if you put a dot of red where the decal should have gone, it would suffice.  Looking forward to your next update.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline jknaus

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2014, 01:45:25 AM »
Hello James:

I really don't see the problem with the turtledeck that you mentioned.  Except for the rear turtledeck swirls being more pronounced I don't see any problem.  So far it looks good to my eyes.  Too bad about the instruments and the little decal on the trigger.  I think if you put a dot of red where the decal should have gone, it would suffice.  Looking forward to your next update.

Best

Mark

I found my problem. It just didnt line up as I thought it should. Sprue gates were still there but that is fixed and it looks better. I'll do the red paint thing, dont know why I didnt think of that myself.
James

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2014, 03:11:36 AM »
Nice work with that Sharpie on the swirls.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.