Author Topic: Sopwith Camel Comic B2402, Capt. G. H. Hackwill, No44(HD) SQN RFC, January 1918  (Read 5057 times)

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
Beautiful collection, Bud.  Excellent work. Your newest Camel is right at home
with the other gorgeous kites. 

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline RAGIII

Absolutely Gorgeous work my Amigo! Extremely well done build of an unusual variant! The collection is truly magnificent!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Thanks, Lance!  I'm poking around in your Triplane build, at the moment, for inspiration and tips since I'm just now starting mine.
Cheers,
Bud

Bud,
    An exceptional Kit and very enjoyable. If you are going with an airframe that has the cellon windows just aft of the engine panels think ahead on what can be viewed thru them and detail accordingly. I've got some pretty rough "stuff" visible through mine. I enjoyed this Kit so much I'm pretty sure I'll be getting another, it's a beauty!!
    I look forward to following your progress on this; enjoy your foray into the "ultimate" Scale and the superb quality of the WNW Kits.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Rob Hart

Excellent model! I agree with Brez, the dark green paint gives it a sinister look, perfect for its role. The blue bands/stripes contrast nicely too.

Offline IFF1418

Hi Bud,

That is a very impressive flight you got there! I wished I had your talents. You are a great modeler. I'm looking forward to see your Tripe being started. On the way to another fantastic build!

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline Profa

Great build, Bud!
Waiting to catch tricks on Triplane, as one awaits me in tiny scale :)

Zoran

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Excellent work Bud! The Sopwith Comic is a personal favorite of mine and your build is inspiring. This is the Blue Max/ Eduard combo? You should be very proud of that result.

kind regards

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Thanks, Dave.  The Comic is a personal favorite of mine, as well.  I've been planning this conversion for the past 5 years.  When Colin released this kit, it certainly simplified things.  Now, if only WNW would release one.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
Thanks, Ernie, Rick, Rob, Lance, Patrick and Zoran!  I'm looking forward to seeing your tiny, little Tripe, Zoran.  I know she'll be a beauty.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline LindsayT

• "Somehow it didn't seem like war at all..."
Beautiful work on a plane and scheme you don't see too often, Bud. Great job! One to be proud of.

Lindsay

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
Thanks, Lindsay!  I think I am!
Cheers,
Bud

Offline IanB

Lovely work Bud, and the collection looks great! You mention Roden, so should I assume they're 1:48?

I have a couple of Sopwiths done, and a bunch more awaiting attention.....

Ian

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
Thanks, Ian!  Yes, I was referring to the Roden 1/48 scale BE12b and BE2c.  Really lovely kits.
Your Sopwiths are 1/72 scale, I presume?  Which ones?
Cheers,
Bud

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Great Camel. Thats a very dramatic scheme and the Sopwiths all together look great!!!

Steve

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
Great Camel. Thats a very dramatic scheme and the Sopwiths all together look great!!!

Steve
Thanks, Steve!  I really like Sopwith Aircraft and tend to binge once I start one.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline Mike Norris (UK)

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
Hi Bud,
Would you believe I've only just seen this thread on your 2014 'Comic'.
If I'd known I could have gleaned all the info I needed from you  ;D
Yours is a great build and I hear Eduard are to release a 1:48th scale model soon.
So it seems plenty of 'Comics' and that's no joke,

Mike

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.