Author Topic: Wingnut Wings LVG C.IV  (Read 3632 times)

Offline Ian from Doncaster

Re: Wingnut Wings LVG C.IV
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2014, 07:11:01 PM »
I wouldn't mind another LVG, but the H-B never appealed to me - purely for aesthetic reasons on my behalf...

Offline mgunns

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 12:37:27 AM »
I was lucky and got two of them, not at the same time though.  My wife got me one for Christmas when they first came out, and I actually built it right away!  The problem with the kit is that the wings droop as they are quite heavy.  So I thought on the next one I build, I will take corrective action, so I got another one, put it in the stash, and finally last year built it.  I used "Invisible" thread for rigging; it took quite a bit of tugging to get the wings right so they wouldn't droop, but it really turned out nice.  I do hope they re-release it as it was a real work horse, went on to serve in an airliner capacity into the 20's and is an all around good kit.  If they do re-release it, it would be nice if they would employ the 'cookie cutter' design for the lozenge on the wings.  I think applying the lozenge and the rib tapes is the most tedious part of the build.  Just for something different, I used blue tapes on this one too.  Here is a picture of it.

Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline fullb35

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2014, 02:06:54 AM »
  There is definitely no sag in those wings! Very nice looking LVG CIV!

Len

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2014, 03:24:18 AM »
She's one of your best, Mark.  A real stunner.  I love the snowy back ground and how you got the woodpecker to pose for the photo.  They're hard to train.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline mgunns

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2014, 06:28:16 AM »
HI Bud:
You wouldn't believe it, but birds have actually attacked that woodpecker!  I never noticed it in the picture before, good eye!
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2014, 05:37:23 PM »
Gorgeous LVG, Mark!  I think they are my favourite German two seater and you have
really done a super job.  Well done, my friend!

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2014, 08:50:52 AM »
      Not to change the subject but just a little bit, ........... I had always been under the assumption that WNW produced their kits themselves, but to my surprise (after actually reading ALL the print on the kit box) they are produced in China! Does anyone know what manufacturer does these for WNW, or am I totally off base here?    ???

WNW maintains complete control, so unimportant who actually does the ..."production of the plastic pieces"... for them.
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.