Author Topic: Lloyd C.V Special Hobby 1/48  (Read 5688 times)

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
Re: Lloyd C.V Special Hobby 1/48
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 08:40:49 AM »
It truly is a lovely aircraft, Filip. And you are building a fantastic model of it! Very nice wood and linen!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline xmald

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2014, 08:50:35 AM »
Thank you for your most encouraging words! I`ll post some pics tomorrow.
Przemek this Lloyd of your is a real beauty! I look at your project when I need an inspiration!
Best regards
Filip

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2014, 08:58:55 AM »
One of my favorite aircraft Filip, and you're doing a splendid job with it.  ;D. Your mahogany wood grain looks excellent.  Very nice work.

Cheers,

Bob

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2014, 01:00:23 PM »
sure do wish special hobby would bring out their lloyd c.v series 82 and their hansa c.1 but who knows if that will ever happen

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2014, 01:21:39 PM »
Beautiful work on the wood Filip, it certainly looks realistic and a great colour.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline xmald

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2014, 09:57:14 PM »
I`m really glad that you like it!!!
I`ve managed to attach the wing. I had to scratch the struts cause the original ones were extremely fragile and I have broken two of them just by handling the darn things... Not so much work left. I` ve thickened the PE gun rings using the CA glue.
I also have to put some weathering on the exhausts and the cowling. The cowling is something which was and frankly speaking still is a little bit puzzling cause I`ve seen numerous interpretations of which elements were made of metal and which were plywood. Decided to go along with the most popular trend  though ;) Enough talking here what it looks like now:

Best regards
Filip

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2014, 11:02:22 PM »
This is lovely work Filip. The trouble with people like your good self is that by virtue of such skilled builds you make me interested in aircraft I'd never considered. At my age, I'm running out of time.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2014, 12:51:24 AM »
Wow Filip
I have this plane in my stash but your WIP mad me fall even more deep in love with her!
I wish my one will be atleast half as beautiful as yours!

Beautiful!

Antonio

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2014, 01:21:57 AM »
As you are probably aware Filip, I really like the Lloyd C.V, and you have done a beautiful job with this one.  :D  The mahogany looks marvelous, and the rib shadows in the tail feathers are really nicely done.  I'm looking forward to seeing this one completed!

Cheers,

Bob 

Offline mgunns

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2014, 01:31:36 AM »
Hello Filip:

Really a good job here.  Outstanding workmanship all around, the wood grain is convincing, as Bob mentioned, your rib shading stands out but not overly so.  Your cowling looks great.  You managed to overcome some hurdles and produce an interesting model of a unique aircraft.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2014, 02:12:08 AM »
In a word, STUNNING!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline xmald

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2014, 06:39:12 AM »
Thank you all for your most encouraging and extremely motivating remarks! I hope to see her in finished section in less than two weeks time, if the time allows me.
Best regards
Filip

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2014, 07:38:35 AM »
Oh, my!  She's really looking lovely, Filip.  You've done a remarkable job up to this point.  And congratulations on Poland's gold medal in ski jumping!  The most ballsy sport in the Olympics, without a doubt!  Flying over 100 meters, 15 stories up.  Wow!
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline xmald

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2014, 08:18:51 AM »
Thanks Bud ;D ;D
Those ski jumpers are a little bit mad...  ;) I really don`t know why Poles call football the national sport - we`re trully bad at it whereas ski jumping is our thing. I`m proud of Kamil Stoch and what`s interesting he had a checkers - the symbol of the Polish Air Force on his helmet  :)
Best regards
Filip

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2014, 08:56:54 AM »
...and what`s interesting he had a checkers - the symbol of the Polish Air Force on his helmet  :)
I noticed that!  I wonder what his connection is to the Air Force.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence