Author Topic: What figures would you like to see?  (Read 4464 times)

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
Re: What figures would you like to see?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2014, 01:56:46 PM »
Bombs loading ground crew:

Cheers
James
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2014, 05:03:23 PM »
Just the thing Jamo! What superb photos.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Gordon Wells

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2014, 10:59:26 PM »
How about some pilots just lounging about in chairs drinking tea ,coffee or wine , smoking pipes and reading the latest newspaper from home .
Nice to see you on this site Robert , I know you can bring a lot to it .
Gordon
I Never Make The Same Mistake Twice . I make it five or six times just to make sure !!!

Offline FokkerFodder

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2014, 11:30:56 PM »
Hi
Just one further comment. I have mixed successfully figures by Martin, Model Cellar and ModelKasten in a couple of dioramas... any differences in height are within the variations one might expect in 1/32.... however I recently purchased a MDC figure and while nicely done, it absolutely towers like a giant over these other figures and I couldn't use it in a 'mixed' group.  A long -winded way of saying compatiability between makers seems like a good idea.

cheers
FF

-Sören-

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2014, 09:28:56 PM »
I would like to see german ground crew members loading small bombs or better mortar grenades Wurfgranate 15 or hand grenades to a Hannover. I have the famous pics from Halberstadt Cl.II "Brunhilde" in mind.

Offline Fliegerhorst

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2014, 10:47:42 AM »
Thanks for asking our input!

In a different vein---It would be nice to see figures that were young. Some figures that have been produced are of men that look like they are in their late 40s or 50s. The men in the photos were young. It would be great to see figures that reflected the ages in the photos.

Also the huge handlebar moustaches are not typical of this war.

Offline davecww1

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2014, 10:42:18 AM »
With the new Salmson from Gaspatch and Eduard's impressive SPAD XIII in 1/48 scale we really need some AMERICAN groundcrew/pilot figures.  the only ones that I have seen are the Rickenbacker/ Luke ones in the Eduard  American Eagles Spad kit, unfortunately both of these guys are not in flight gear and are posed from photographs.  Some USAS ground crew working on the guns, loading a camera or small bombs, and some pilots in flight gear would be nice sets. 
Perhaps several different sets for various countries such as French and Italian would also be good.  It seems that 90% of the figures made recently are either British or German. 
Another idea would be to offer sets to build a "mini diorama", I remember in the early 1990's a company named Van's Models did a set with 4 or 5 figures that was supposed to be the death of Richthofen, it had a dead MvR laying on the ground and several  Australian soldiers looking for souvenirs.  Unfortunately I was never able to get this set and have never seen it since.  They had other sets like French pilots and soldiers, and probably also German and British ones, with a mix of men including helmeted soldiers with rifles and gear, which could be very useful in small dioramas especially when modeling crashed aircraft.
Hope this gets the creative juices flowing.
Dave

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2014, 08:29:32 AM »
Yes, Flieger, bit odd, ain't it...the huge moustaches..you do see a lot of them....and you're right, they're not particularly period. As for me, I would love to see some Imperial Russian pilots and/or ground crew...1/32 would be really nice...looked high and low....I'm working on a Russian diorama that will have to go unpopulated, I'm afraid....unless somebody reads this and has seen some of the Tsar's air service folk.
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2014, 10:27:03 AM »
I also would like, and buy, figures more representative of the age and builds of the predomimently young men who flew and maintained these machines. Portly old men with big moustached are not in keeping with the accuracy of the kits we build.
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2014, 11:18:23 AM »
Rust Models makes a nice 1/32 figure of WWI Russian ace Alexsnder Kozakov.

Regards,

Bob

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2014, 01:05:22 PM »
OMG, Bob, I posted that in a dead thread with very little hope of success and BOOM!....one of the ships in my diorama is Kozakov's Bullet(!)...amazing...never run across Rest Models...the figure of AK also comes with another Russian officer who looks downright regal....excellent...testimony to the value of community well in place here. Thank you so much.   -M

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2014, 01:13:49 AM »
Read Kozakov's N17.

Offline Umlaufmotor

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2014, 05:10:11 AM »
A David Mary Tidmarsh - Figure  ;)

Servus
Bertl

Offline nmroberto

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2014, 10:27:44 AM »
I'd like to see a German pilot in 1/48th seated in the air craft.
Robert