Author Topic: WingNut Wings LVG and Hansa-Brandenburg  (Read 1012 times)

Offline Joe G

WingNut Wings LVG and Hansa-Brandenburg
« on: December 23, 2013, 04:37:47 AM »
Not sure if this is the right place for this question but, I recently heard that the Wingnut Kits LVG C.VI and Hansa-Brandenburg have been permanently discontinued. I hope that this is not true  and are simply just out of stock as they have had a popular following, and all though I have both I would certainly buy more. Can anyone out there shed some light on this?
Thanks, Joe G

Offline olfogey

• Jim J. -- "Great Plains", U.S.A.
Re: WingNut Wings LVG and Hansa-Brandenburg
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 04:45:09 AM »
Don't know about the "Hansa-Brandenburg", but I recently sent "WnW" an email re: the "LVG C.VI" being re-issued, and was told there are no plans at this time to do so..................

Jim J. -- "olfogey"

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 06:13:23 AM »
I am expecting both to be re-issued as Deluxe kits with extra PE, maybe 10 markings options, crew figures etc. But who knows when? There is a modelling expo in Wellington next year in April, which will have a WWI theme due to the centenary of the start of The Great War. WNW will have a stand there and I expect to see some surprises. Last time it was the Pfalz DXII. I will be making a full report after the first day  8)
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline Joe G

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 02:55:01 PM »
That sure would be great. Wingnuts choices concerning their product line has been outstanding in every aspect, if only others would learn from their example.

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 07:09:46 AM »
That sure would be great. Wingnuts choices concerning their product line has been outstanding in every aspect, if only others would learn from their example.

WNW has the advantage of having Sir PJ as owner and profit not as necessary for continued operation.  Thank you Sir PJ !
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2013, 09:43:07 AM »
I have a funny feeling that when the new LVG (that has been built in France) is delivered to TVAL in New Zealand we will see the re-release of the Wingnuts LVG to coincide with the arrival of this beautiful aircraft to the TVAL hangars. When the kit is re-released I am tipping it will have all the bells and whistles, substantially more PE, more decal options and some figures, plus a bigger price tag.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 04:31:45 PM »
Now that would be something to look forward to Des.

Best wishes
Nigel