Author Topic: Numbers on Fokker D.VII (Alb) parts?  (Read 823 times)

Offline Micke D

Numbers on Fokker D.VII (Alb) parts?
« on: December 03, 2013, 01:58:17 AM »
Hell guys!

I know that OAW was a bit manic and painted numbers on almost everything that was removable from the plane.

But what about the D.VII's from Albatros? I have not seen much about numbers on the planes they built, did they paint numbers on anything?
Many struts was later painted in Jasta colors, but I will build a new plane before it's painted.

Thanks,
Micke

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
Re: Numbers on Fokker D.VII (Alb) parts?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 03:15:38 AM »
Some from Albatros appear to have the interplane struts marked at least low down on the front strut left hand side and mirrored on the other side (serial on outsides of struts), the undercarriage on the front strut left hand side and the rudder on the left side below the tail surface all have lengthy work/serialno's stencilled so imagine most parts would be. See  the side view pic of Seven Swabians in the third Fokker anthology on page 21 & 36 if you can lay your hands on it.

Theres also a serial No on the aileron underside in white & the wheel covers too on inspection So I tend to think most parts would be at least on SOME aircraft.

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 03:24:36 AM »
oops disregard that, over eager to reply seems it was an OAW aircraft, just in the ALB edition of the datafile to confuse me at least...lol  ::)
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline Micke D

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 08:51:48 PM »
Hi Keith!

I have Anthology 1-3 but I think it's a bit vague on painted serials on the D.VII's from Albatros.
And I know that the Seven Swabians is an OAW machine.

Has anyone any photos of an Albatros D.VII with visible serials painted at struts or other places?

Offline stefanbuss

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 06:07:17 PM »
The photos of Lt Simon's aircraft in WNW's instruction show stencilling on the undercarriage struts (pages 19 and 31).

Hope this helps.

Stefan

Offline Micke D

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 08:42:36 PM »
Thank you Stefan!

I have missed Lt Simion's plane.

I will have to search for my Antologies, (I have miss placed them right now of course), and look more closely.

Offline Micke D

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 05:20:24 PM »
I found the three Anthologies and my WNW instruction for the kit.
I can see, on Lt Simion's plane, that it says Fokker, and what may look like D.VII on the strut but not if it is followed by a serial like XXX/18 or a four digit Werk number like the Fokker factory used.
But it's a start at least.