Author Topic: Show us your - Liberty V12 Engine  (Read 3921 times)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Show us your - Liberty V12 Engine
« on: September 03, 2012, 01:28:48 PM »
I realise this is not an aircraft but this engine is a model in it's own right. This is the Wingnuts Liberty V12 engine from their DH.9 kit, a beautifully engineered model engine. I added a few extras to the engine with a full build log on the following link;

Build log  http://www.ww1aircraftmodels.com/page28.html

Des.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 09:00:18 PM by Des »
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Chris Johnson

Re: Liberty V12 Engine
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 11:11:57 PM »
I always do fairly well with engines right up until I have to attach the ignition leads to the magnetos, and then it all becomes something akin to a plate of spaghetti. This procedure is without a doubt, the most trying aspect of biplane modelling I've run up against yet, and it's still continues to defeat me. It's a good thing I'm stubborn.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 04:01:39 AM »
Thank you for posting this little beauty, Des.  Been watching Dave's (Kong's) build with intense interest since this kit is in my stash, thanks to my lovely bride, and now seeing your build log on this engine has pushed me even closer to actually building mine.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 12:46:45 PM »
I always do fairly well with engines right up until I have to attach the ignition leads to the magnetos, and then it all becomes something akin to a plate of spaghetti. This procedure is without a doubt, the most trying aspect of biplane modelling I've run up against yet, and it's still continues to defeat me. It's a good thing I'm stubborn.

Cheers,

Chris

Must be an evil presence in your Hobby Room Chris (who flys out to mine when I'm in "Engine Mode".) I got a hint from Eduardo (Edo) a while back, drill out the mounting/connection bolts/points and insert the ignition wires wires. Mine still look like "crap" however less crappier then previous attempts; hopefully practice will make perfect.

Cheers,
Lance

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 07:40:53 AM »
  Des,
Just plain AWESOME Liberty my old friend. I just can't help to love all those wonderfully details.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 03:26:24 PM »
Another wow project Des, your skill at bringing your engines to life is amazing ;)

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice