Modelers Lounge > How's it going?

The eyes have it - again

(1/5) > >>

Des:
Just arrived home from hospital after undergoing eye surgery to rectify a cataract in my right eye. The surgery went well, took about 20 minutes, but I will not know the results until tomorrow, my eye is heavily patched and I will be seeing the doctor at 7.45 tomorrow morning when he will remove the patch and add some eye drops. When he saw me after the operation he assured me that all went very well.

Des.

IvotB:
Normally such an operation is without complications. Couldnīt you take a peek at one of the corners? Usually you will then discover improved brightness, better color (less yellow) and sharp sight. Shortly after surgery it is at its best.

I hope you won't suffer from one of the nice side effects that rarely occur ;)

regards,
Ivo

Ernie:
My wife had cataract surgery in both eyes recently, and she described it later as getting a new
set of eyes.  Her only problem is with close work, reading, computer, etc.  Apparently that
was the trade-off, considering her eyes were in terrible shape. So she has glasses for that. Distance
is no problem...she can spot flies at 300 yards. ;D
All in all, she says she would recommend the surgery to anyone with cataracts.
  Des I hope all goes well for you, which I'm sure it will.

Cheers,
Ernie :)

Nigel Jackson:
Good luck Des.

Like Ernie I had a relation who had cataracts in both eyes done and, making a speedy recovery, she too joked getting a new pair of eyes.

Best wishes
Nigel

bobs_buckles:

--- Quote ---...she can spot flies at 300 yards. ;D

--- End quote ---

...and a Wingnut Wings Box from a 1000 yards with one eye closed  ;D

Good luck, Des!

VB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version