Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 425510 times)

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #750 on: December 13, 2014, 11:51:14 PM »
Remember the April fools warning shots.... The Tripe was on the list... Coincidence?

Hmmmmmmm....

:)
Yes.  This means that the next items to keep an eye out for are the two Albatros kits, the Albatros Fokker D VII and the OAW Fokker D VII. They are likely to be the next ones to run out.
Honor Necessity

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #751 on: December 13, 2014, 11:56:03 PM »
Very true, Eric. I had not thought about all the aftermarket decal sheets for the Albatros and Pfalz D.IIIa.
IMHO they had a second run of these two...
Why stop at a second run?!  As long as those kits have been in production, I would wager they may have had more than two runs.
Honor Necessity

Offline ermeio

« Reply #752 on: December 14, 2014, 12:00:46 AM »
Very true, Eric. I had not thought about all the aftermarket decal sheets for the Albatros and Pfalz D.IIIa.
IMHO they had a second run of these two...
Why stop at a second run?!  As long as those kits have been in production, I would wager they may have had more than two runs.
Fully agree, maybe that they had more than one run and eventually they can have more.

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #753 on: December 14, 2014, 12:22:41 AM »
My thoughts are that WnW is going to disappear just as quickly as it appeared. I understand that there are 20 kit numbers still not filled from the original list and I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that Sir Peter went into this project with a set list of aircraft he wanted to market and once they're kitted, WnW folds. Maybe even timed to occur on the 100th anniversary of the end of WWI. The numbers fit. I'll even go so far as to say that Sir Peter doesn't sell his molds either, but squirrels them away, just because he can. How's that for a conspiracy theory?

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #754 on: December 14, 2014, 12:34:21 AM »
How's that for a conspiracy theory?

I tend to believe in it

mike in calif

« Reply #755 on: December 14, 2014, 02:41:04 AM »
I have some torches and pitchforks for sale....

WarrenD

« Reply #756 on: December 14, 2014, 02:43:44 AM »
I have some torches and pitchforks for sale....

The revenue from those would help finance another WNW purchase. ;)

Warren

mike in calif

« Reply #757 on: December 14, 2014, 02:46:13 AM »
Since I've only ever built in 1/32, I'd be in for that!

Offline ermeio

« Reply #758 on: December 14, 2014, 03:02:38 AM »
My thoughts are that WnW is going to disappear just as quickly as it appeared. I understand that there are 20 kit numbers still not filled from the original list and I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that Sir Peter went into this project with a set list of aircraft he wanted to market and once they're kitted, WnW folds. Maybe even timed to occur on the 100th anniversary of the end of WWI. The numbers fit. I'll even go so far as to say that Sir Peter doesn't sell his molds either, but squirrels them away, just because he can. How's that for a conspiracy theory?

Cheers,

Chris
Well, to reinforce your conspiracy theory look at that strange error in the last letter from Richard Alexander, he wrote "we will return to work on 12, january 1915"...   :o
I  believe that he's not going to destroy the molds, instead he will turn time back to the first WW... he's building a time machine
 8)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 03:06:58 AM by ermeio »

Offline petrov27

« Reply #759 on: December 14, 2014, 03:20:01 AM »
If WNW disappeared tomorrow I would be very sad but still incredibly thankful for what quality kits they have (had?) brought to the hobby of subjects that I never would have thought we would see in 1/32nd scale....
-Patrick

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #760 on: December 14, 2014, 03:33:33 AM »
If WNW disappeared tomorrow I would be very sad but still incredibly thankful for what quality kits they have (had?) brought to the hobby of subjects that I never would have thought we would see in 1/32nd scale....

+10 !!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #761 on: December 14, 2014, 09:08:22 AM »

I tend to believe in it

I think I must disagree. First WNW is cooperating with a Poll on LSM asking for what the customers want and say they will be open to the results. If the theory of only producing the Models PJ put into the list were true then No Poll would be asked for. Also I just can't wrap my mind around Pulling the plug on the Molds and not at Least Leasing them to other companies if WNW did close. Just Not good business and in the end I think if WNW closed its doors we would eventually see the kits distributed from China, at a Much Higher price of course. JMHO,
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline ermeio

« Reply #762 on: December 14, 2014, 09:48:31 AM »

I tend to believe in it

I think I must disagree. First WNW is cooperating with a Poll on LSM asking for what the customers want and say they will be open to the results.
Could you post the link for the poll, chris?

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #763 on: December 14, 2014, 09:59:57 AM »

I tend to believe in it

I think I must disagree. First WNW is cooperating with a Poll on LSM asking for what the customers want and say they will be open to the results.
Could you post the link for the poll, chris?

I am attaching the Link and Hope Des has no issues with my doing so. If he does I have no objection to its deletion!

http://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/3138-wnw-wants-to-listen-their-fans/page-7#entry42977

By the way, you Must join to enter your selections!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #764 on: December 14, 2014, 10:15:51 AM »
We ran a similar survey here on this forum several years back, I compiled the list and sent it to Richard Alexander but he did not seem one bit interested virtually saying that they have there list already made up for up-coming kits and not many in the list were included. Wingnuts will do what they want when they want and take very little notice of customer wants or wishes, sorry, but that is the way it is.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com