Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 429064 times)

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #345 on: August 18, 2014, 10:29:29 AM »
Better to have them in the stash than to wanting one ( or any of them) when they are sold out .

Remember EB law #2:  Money is only as good as the things it will buy, if it can't get what you want it is no damn good.

Ed
Hear! Hear!  Words to live by, Amigo.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #346 on: August 20, 2014, 12:25:39 PM »
Note: This model is NOT sold out. A very very very annoying website problem caused this model to show as sold out for several hours on Saturday 16 August 2014 (NZ time). We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
[/quote] 

Bad Zoot, Naughty Evil Zoot, Bad Bad Zoot:   

Offline cgandiaga

« Reply #347 on: August 25, 2014, 11:52:53 PM »
"And then after the spanking..." ;D

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
« Reply #348 on: August 27, 2014, 02:14:29 PM »
Ok, somewhere in a recent post by Lukaz (?) of Taurus resin, I remember him mentioning that he is working on resin parts for the engines in the upcoming Wingnuts Wings Dr.1 and F.1 kits. I may have this entirely wrong and will search for the post, but those aircraft, especially the F.1 are on the top of my WnW wish list. Maybe someone knows more about this?
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #349 on: August 29, 2014, 02:33:58 AM »
Well, Eindecker, buck up....your tip is pretty solid about the F.1....in an email that I sent to Richard Alexander of WNW 10-12 days ago about some other WNW stuff, in signing off I blurted out asking him how their Camel was coming along to which he cheerily replied that it is indeed "currently being worked on but with no time frame for a release". I asked him about it because he had informed me of it about a year ago but it was an excellent thing to see it newly reaffirmed. Still pinching myself, actually. As in too good to be true and all that. With this in mind, it lends all manner of credence to what your Taurus source said about a DR.1 prospect from them as well, now don't it. And would it be a leap to imagine them releasing the two of them simultaneously? Certainly would be dramatic, wouldn't it. It is LORd Peter, after all.    -M
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #350 on: August 29, 2014, 03:09:03 AM »
Now I may be wrong (won't be the first time) but I don't think Lukasz has any special info regarding WNW releases... ;)

Offline mgunns

« Reply #351 on: August 29, 2014, 03:53:11 AM »
A friend of mine was in New Zealand this past winter and made the trek to WNW.  He said the security at WNW HQ is tighter than at a Marine Corps Classified Storage Facility.  He got a tee shirt, but that's it.  No tour, no priveleged information.   With security that tight, is it any wonder that WNW can release something and catch the modeling world totally unawares?  If, one were to analyze their history, they do tip their hand; i.e., their show where they showed the mock ups for the DVII, and others, so they do tip their hand on ocassion, but the fun is the surprise releases.  Maybe, WNW will surprise us with the release of their "Hi Tech" kits this Christmas.  We shall see.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Hannover

« Reply #352 on: August 29, 2014, 04:04:35 AM »
As far as I can tell, nobody has the faintest clue when it comes to WNW's release schedule. Over the last few years models have just come out of the blue - the pair of DFW C.V's being just the latest. The Sopwith Tripe came out of nowhere and I've not seen a genuine heads-up warning about an imminent WNW release. Ever.

WNW obviously have superb security and very, very good staff who don't leak any information whatsoever.

It's very impressive.

And long may this situation continue. Makes WNW kits all that more enjoyable not knowing what's coming when.

I do feel the pleasure of buying a new kit is diminished these days when kits are announced months in advance and are all over the internet well before they are available. Gives the rivet counters too much headway in their analysis.

Peter

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #353 on: August 29, 2014, 06:32:18 AM »
Now I may be wrong (won't be the first time) but I don't think Lukasz has any special info regarding WNW releases... ;)

Doubt you are wrong Bo, it is eventual that WNW will do the Dr-I,  in the meantime Lukasz will be able to sell his engines to those who have the Roden kit.  Of other importance is that Lukasz has the one sided Fokker "wingnut" soon to be available, see post by Bertl elsewhere.

On WNW security, I think I rather enjoy it, oh we "know" some are natural releases, but all the more fun when they do arrive.

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
« Reply #354 on: August 29, 2014, 02:55:58 PM »
As far as I can tell, nobody has the faintest clue when it comes to WNW's release schedule. Over the last few years models have just come out of the blue - the pair of DFW C.V's being just the latest. The Sopwith Tripe came out of nowhere and I've not seen a genuine heads-up warning about an imminent WNW release. Ever.

WNW obviously have superb security and very, very good staff who don't leak any information whatsoever.

It's very impressive.

And long may this situation continue. Makes WNW kits all that more enjoyable not knowing what's coming when.

I do feel the pleasure of buying a new kit is diminished these days when kits are announced months in advance and are all over the internet well before they are available. Gives the rivet counters too much headway in their analysis.

Peter
=\]]\

Rivet counters... Arrrg! I used to visit HyperScale quite a bit but starting maybe a year or so ago, the accuracy police and rivet counters finally drove me away. I'll check in now and then to see what certain friends post, but it's turned into the kind of modeling club I fled from in California years ago.

I like the sudden surprise, and the not-to-be-taken seriously guessing game of what's next. I'm hoping for a Dr./F. series. And, I would fall all over a Belroit.
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline ebergerud

« Reply #355 on: September 01, 2014, 02:00:02 PM »
Pretty hard to beat a Camel, but I'd be quick to buy an Albatross III. Great pedigree and no lozenge camo: two good reasons right there. And an original "red" Richthoven buggy would raise some really interesting weathering/painting challenges as I understand it.

Eric

Offline Widmerpool

« Reply #356 on: September 27, 2014, 03:40:04 AM »
Has anyone else noticed that a painting of Collishaw's "Black Maria" triplane appears now and then in the upper righthand corner of the Wingnuts home page?  This is obviously different from the boxart on the already released triplane kit.  Maybe a signal that a new boxing of the model is on the way, possibly one of the long awaited deluxe kits? 
(And yes, I'm spending way too much staring at the Wingnut home page.)

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #357 on: September 27, 2014, 03:49:25 AM »
hmmm. you're right:

not sure if I would read too much into this though...

Offline petrov27

« Reply #358 on: September 27, 2014, 04:09:13 AM »
I think it could be the same artwork that is on the current release, maybe a pre-production version and they decided to go with a different markings choice and had the painting changed?

This happened to the HB W29 release - there was artwork shown of the box cover with Christiansen's markings and it was changed prior to production....
-Patrick

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #359 on: September 27, 2014, 04:25:38 AM »
yarp: