Author Topic: Bleriot XI-2 1914 reproduction from Koloman Mayrhofer  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
Bleriot XI-2 1914 reproduction from Koloman Mayrhofer
« on: September 21, 2013, 12:41:03 PM »
Another really authentic reproduction from Koloman Mayrhofer and team:

http://www.craftlab.at/index.php?id=15&L=1

"Our responsibility in this project was the construction of the complete airframe with all internal systems, and installation of the engine supplied by the customer.

The reproduction was modelled on the original flown by Jens Tryggve Gran on the 20th of July 1914 from Peterhead in Scotland, 550 km over the North Sea to Orrevatnet in Norway.

The aircraft was produced from multiple drawing sets;  one set used measurements taken from the original in the Oslo Technical Museum; another drawn by Mr Eberhard Fritsch from an original in the Paris museum; and also a good set of original factory drawings.

The aircraft was built to conform to the regulations of the Norwegian Civil Aviation Authority."

Remember to click on the images to open them full size

Cheers
James
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline Rob Hart

Re: Bleriot XI-2 1914 reproduction from Koloman Mayrhofer
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 01:08:57 PM »
Wow! That is absolutely superb craftsmanship. I'm surprised the airplane could carry enough fuel to fly 550 km. Thanks for providing the photos.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Bleriot XI-2 1914 reproduction from Koloman Mayrhofer
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 02:21:34 PM »
A superb reproduction of a true classic, the workmanship that has gone into this aeroplane is amazing, thanks for posting the photos James and also for the link.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com