Author Topic: Re: WNW 1/32nd Bristol F2b "McKeever"  (Read 3642 times)

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: WNW 1/32nd Bristol F2b "McKeever"
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2013, 05:36:28 AM »
   Thank You Guys for even more wonderful comments. I'd be lying if I didn't admit that the comments that matter to me are those from one's who know the turf and measure results by their own high standards, those who share my passion for the aircraft and modelling of the Great War. When a member whose work I truly admire makes a favorable comment I feel I've achieved a lot, and that applies to everyone here. When someone who isn't involved in the Hobby pays a compliment I offer a polite and sincere Thank You, but it's not the same. All the "very best" to all, and to steal a line from Dave (Kong), Thank You Des for this wonderful venue, it's a great place to be and Lord, what a great bunch of Folks! I've learned a great deal from you, and will continue to learn from participating here.
   Next project will probably be the WNW Sopwith Tripe in Raymond Collishaw's colours however it's going to take me a few days to clean up the desk (and hopefully retrieve a few of the dozens of buckles I "tweezer-pulted into the ether!) My cave room looks like a bomb went off in the corner, refs piled everywhere, piles of sticky notes, a small fortune in Data Files, and printouts from the net abound. You've all been there I know, and will agree that it only takes a few days to get it back to a comfortably chaotic state.......... , which I look forward to already.
Cheers All!
Lance :) :) :)

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2013, 08:45:04 AM »
Lance that is a terrific model!! I am amazed that you think that it could be improved even more - clearly you can see what the camera cannot, but I would be delighted beyond measure if I could make and paint a model of this standard. Very many congratulations - a stunner!

Offline Zabu

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2013, 10:56:33 AM »
Stunning model Lance.

Top modeling indeed. Congrats for that beauty.

Cheers

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2013, 04:36:28 PM »
Superb Biff, Lance  ;)
You're a modelling man of many talents - well done!

VB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2013, 10:22:47 PM »
I'm a bit late to the party Lance but it sure is good to see that you have your Bif finished. You've done a spectacular job with her and it was well worth all the time and effort you've invested in it over the past year. Your craftsmanship is simply superb. You've incorporated several features that I missed, or overlooked, that really make your model 'pop'. In particular, the stand-offs for your extended exhaust pipes and the rib shading on the fuselage immediately caught my eye. When I look at your Bif and compare it to mine, I can see where my build would've profited from a bit more time and effort on my behalf. Your's is absolutely first class all around. Well done!

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 12:43:55 AM »
"LM", Zabu, von Buckle Builder, and Chris,
   Many Thanks Guys, glad you enjoyed the Build!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2013, 01:16:24 AM »
Hi Lance,

I'm trully speechless. This is such a wonderful build. You know, even if I'm a beginner I already know how difficult it is to produce a fairly good result. When seeing these beauty's I'm aware that it's far beyond my abilities. Many congratulations.

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline xmald

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2013, 07:16:41 AM »
Oh she`s a true beauty Lance. I love your model from prop to tail. The pleasure of looking at your detailed model can be compared to gazing at your favourite painting...
Best regards
Filip

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2013, 12:02:55 PM »
Patrick, Filip,
   Thanks for the great comments, much appreciated! :)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline IvotB

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2013, 05:24:07 PM »
Beautiful plane, Lance! I´m going to read your build log over and over again. I like your shading and weathering, especially needed here.

A Bristol Fighter has been shipped this week to me from New Zealand. I´ll have to wait for a number of weeks for it to arrive. Mine is going to become BR-401 / B1124 from RFC 48.

regards,
Ivo

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2013, 08:06:22 PM »
Lance, I think I've managed to replicate your messy work area.  Unfortunately, that's
where the similarity ends.  Your model-making is, from what I see, flawless.  I haven't a hope
of getting that good, so I will just content myself with drooling over yours and hopefully
pick up a couple of tips from you along the way.  Smashing build, my friend!

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...