Author Topic: Three years and still waiting  (Read 3994 times)

Offline stefanbuss

Re: Three years and still waiting
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 05:16:02 PM »
Dekenba, you are right - WNW do not need to sell them.

But i think it would be nice to have some more figures to choose from for the ones so inclined. I think it is a bit boring to see a smallish amount of the same figures accompanying models of airplanes, again and again (like Mike Grant's Werner Voss figure. it is really impressive, but is shown time and again as "someone else" with totally different aircraft, no matter that this figure really looks like Voss, if pinted properly).

WNW, please press on.

Stefan

Offline MikeNZ

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2014, 08:11:47 PM »
Dekenba, you are right - WNW do not need to sell them.

But i think it would be nice to have some more figures to choose from for the ones so inclined. I think it is a bit boring to see a smallish amount of the same figures accompanying models of airplanes, again and again (like Mike Grant's Werner Voss figure. it is really impressive, but is shown time and again as "someone else" with totally different aircraft, no matter that this figure really looks like Voss, if pinted properly).

WNW, please press on.

Stefan

There are a number of new Mike Good figures comissioned in this series ;-)
All good things take time...
:)

Offline Dave in Dubai

• Beyond the blue horizon
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2014, 04:52:42 PM »
Maybe WNW will supply them pre-painted?

With the latest 3-d printing techniques it may be possible to mass produce them to a photo-realistic standard.

If they look like the figures on the website then they would be doubtless very popular.
Hand- painting the figures to look realistic is difficult and can detract from an otherwise well built model.

I guess we will just have to wait and see what they produce?