Author Topic: eduard news  (Read 5832 times)

Offline Steven Robson

Re: eduard news
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2013, 07:31:51 PM »
I enjoyed my 1/48 scale adventures with WW1 Eduard.  Bye Bye Eduard.  I wouldn't buy them now anyway, I prefer 1/32 scale.

I believe we should support the alternative market, such as Ron Kootje, and encourage him to tool up some (German) resin kits for us to enjoy.

Cheers
Steven
Make Otto your motto for lovely spoked wheels.

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2013, 11:20:01 PM »
It's sad to see Eduard moving away from WWI models. I think
a lot of their products, especially the Profipacks.  I still have
a few to build and unless they do an about-turn, I guess I will have
to move on to WnW's, which, looking on the bright side, would probably
 be easier on the eyes.   Trouble is, money talks, and that is what these
companies (eg: Eduard and Roden) listen to. I would be willing to wager
that if Eduard came out with a new Eurofighter and say a Fokker D.VI in
1/48 scale, we would be left in the dust. Unfortunately, I can't see the
pendulum swinging back our way for some time.

Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline John T.

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2013, 01:06:44 AM »
Never was a fan of 1/48 for WWI planes (never mind 1/72), try my hands at a Special Hobby kit in 1/32, well it was "special" indeed. Then found WNW and there was no return. Could spend a very long time building what they already released. Then for the Post WWI biplanes there is Silver Wing. I believe that 1/32 is the perfect scale for WWI planes it allows enough detailing for the average modeler that I am. Except for the rigging I am confident that I can produce a reasonable model right out of the box without spending another 50$ on aftermarket parts. For my part I believe that WNW did scare the competition with their quality and presentation. Compare a WNW instruction manual to the Xerox Special Hobby, or the 60's era instruction of Roden. It was there business decision to match the quality to WNW level or gave up, and they did.
WNW quality and prices are hard to compete with.
Anybody interested in a 1/48 Eduard Flea? ;D

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2013, 03:48:50 PM »
depends on how much you want for the flea. i started on 1/48 ww1 kits when i got back into modelling 7-8 years ago. my first injection molded biplane was the eduard 1/48 nieuport 17 with a stork on the side. i have branched out into 1/32 even before wnw with the roden albatros d.iii,dr.1,special hobby morane type n. as well as hobbycraft academy and the like. i own most of the wnw kits. they are great. for some reason i like 1/48 better in a way. for 1 there are a bunch of kits by many companies that have never and most likely will never be kitted in 1/32. i wish i could learn to like 1/72 as there are just about every plane you can think of in that scale. eduard came a long way. i have most of their old short run kits(2 of some of them) then in the late 90s eduard stepped up their technology with the nieuports and albatros diii and dv series followed by the hanriot ,dr.1and such. the new generation eduard from say 2004 to 2009 they brought it up another notch with the fokker dvii,bristol fighter, up to the oeffag albatrosen are just cutting edge 1/48. roden is pretty much the same quality and technology from the early to now, so is special hobby. eduard was really making a difference to 1/48 ww1 aircraft modellers. in my opinion the oeffags were close to wnw quality, there was stitching on the ribs the cockpit was extremely detailed and modular. you can put it together with out glue practically just like a wnw kit. if they had decided to support the customers that have supported them from the beginning even with a release every year or two. it would be so great. to the point where people wouldnt have to flock to wnw so much. i have alot of kits. probably more than i can build, although i am only 45(next month) so i have alot of time to collect and build. i might just have to scratch build eventually. i guess its the next progression. i have already started on my first scratcher. a 1/32 halberstadt d.ii which i intend to cast the main parts for and offer them to others. maybe we can just start a self sufficient modelling circle?

Offline LindsayT

• "Somehow it didn't seem like war at all..."
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2013, 08:35:37 AM »
This was reported by Stephen Lawson over at Aeroscale in his IPMS Nationals recap:

"I had a nice conversation with Vladmir Suc of Eduard. He advises that for Eduard's upcoming 100th kit release we may yet see a new WWI release. The subject of this kit has been talked about in the past. Even Eduard has mentioned it in their news letters."

Whatcha make of that?

LT

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2013, 09:13:52 AM »
  The same comment caught my eye as well. It would be really nice if they broke into 1:32 with a really different subject however I doubt that will be the case. Anything WWI and new in any scale would be good for the hobby..........
Cheers,
Lance

Offline IanB

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2013, 01:18:40 PM »
I emailed Airfix a year or so ago with the comment about the 100th anniversary, and maybe retooling some of their WWI classics - particularly the Roland C.II, Hannover, Pup and RE8 which no-one else does in this scalein injection form. Unfortunately the reply was not very positive, but they did say they listen to users comments - so email them please!

Ian

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2013, 03:22:46 PM »
i do remember some buzz a couple or 3 years back about eduard doing a halberstadt d.v very similar to all the "d" series halbies the main differences were the engines and exhausts if memories serves. that would very cool and a relatively simple airframe, the elevators were like an eindecker and d series halbies were basically the replacement for the fokker monoplanes. so we shall see. i wanna say they had talked about a release date and everything but just stopped talking about it.

Offline xmald

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2013, 08:41:17 PM »
Since 48th is my scale of choice it`s really bad news... I wish maybe Gaspatch will release some nice models in this scale...
Best regards
Filip

Offline LindsayT

• "Somehow it didn't seem like war at all..."
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2013, 02:51:15 PM »
Am I missing something or was this their new release to limited fanfare?

http://www.eduard.com/store/Eduard/Fokker-Dr-I-STRIPDOWN-1-72-1.html?listtype=search&searchparam=Fokker

Looks nice, if not mildly disappointing, but is a nice gift thrown towards the 1:72 wizards.

LT

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2013, 07:13:52 PM »
Am I missing something or was this their new release to limited fanfare?

http://www.eduard.com/store/Eduard/Fokker-Dr-I-STRIPDOWN-1-72-1.html?listtype=search&searchparam=Fokker

Looks nice, if not mildly disappointing, but is a nice gift thrown towards the 1:72 wizards.

LT
It's a rerelease anyway, Nice but I have one in my stash from the original issue I never dare start  ::)
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline xmald

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2013, 08:17:09 AM »
The rumors are that Eduard is going to release a WWI subject in 1/48th after all. You`ve probably heard the news already but for those who haven`t: they are planning to release the brand new tooling of the SSW as their 100th model. Great news if you ask me, considering it`s true...
Best regards
Filip