Author Topic: 1/32 Sopwith Swallow conversion by KiwiResin  (Read 1358 times)

Offline Chris Johnson

1/32 Sopwith Swallow conversion by KiwiResin
« on: June 22, 2013, 11:43:00 PM »
For those who may be interested in a Sopwith Swallow, you may want to check out the following link.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/message/1371893263/1-32+Sopwith+Swallow+conversion+by+KiwiResin+coming+soon

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: 1/32 Sopwith Swallow conversion by KiwiResin
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 01:11:06 PM »
Thanks Chris for posting the link, I have written to Kiwi Resin for more information. Quite an interesting conversion and would make for a nice looking model, also a good use for all those Academy Sopwith Camel kits laying around.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 07:21:34 PM »
Here is a photo of the progress on the Swallow conversion.

Finished are the masters for the flying surfaces, the lower surfaces have condensation drain holes in them, a seldom, if ever, modelled detail.

Work is still progressing on the struts and upper landing wire trapeze, and the final item to model will be the upper decking. The Swallow had the cockpit position moved aft for C of G reasons.

The conversion will definitely have a wicker seat and correct prop, plus a correct tailskid.  A decision regarding wheels has not been made yet.

Des.

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 03:18:35 AM »
 Chris,
Thank you for the link my old friend. Certainly would make for an interesting project.
@ Des,
Ditto to you for the information and photos. I wonder if Kiwi would allow you to purchase an extra wicker seat if also get the conversion? Still need a good replacement seat for my old Camel.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 09:30:41 AM »
If Dave can make a really good wicker seat for the conversion he would do well to also sell the seat as a separate item, there is a big call for a good, and I mean good, wicker seat.

Des.