Getting to know one another > Your Introduction

Hello and welcome

(1/19) > >>

Des:
Welcome to the ww1aircraftmodelsforum.

This is the new forum home for WW1 aircraft modellers wishing to discuss WW1 models and modelling with fellow enthusiasts.

This forum is a logical extension of Des Delatorre’s WW1aircraftmodels.com website and has been created to meet an often- requested wish for a dedicated discussion forum on a site solely dedicated to WW1aircraft models.

Those of you familiar with the Great War In the Air Forum will know that Des was also co-owner of that site and Moderator of the modelling boards. What is not widely known is Des and co-owner Andrew had a major policy disagreement on the future direction of the GWA site. Des pushed for growth in the modelling coverage while Andrew- who is not a modeller- was uncomfortable and preferred his vision for the GWA as a history-focussed site. It was a conflict of history vs models. It became evident the two directions were not compatible.

The fact is the GWA forum is an aviation history site and its models coverage is an afterthought rather than a primary focus. Hence the need for a web forum for WW1 modellers where models and modelling is the sole focus of the site.

So, a warm welcome to the  ww1aircraftmodelsforum. This forum will be a unique site dedicated solely to WW1 model aircraft. It is a forum that has been built by a modeller for modellers, We hope this will become your new home for discussing WW1 models and your participation is encouraged.

Feel free to discuss all aspects of WW1 aircraft models and show your work.

Now, please come in, make yourself comfortable and meet new and old friends in the new forum home for the exciting world of WW1 aircraft models……….

Des Delatorre (Owner and Administrator)

Chris Johnson:
Hi Des,

I'm pleased to see you host your own modelling forum as it's a logical extension of your web site which sets the standard for Great War aviation modelling. I wish you all the best for this new endeavour!

Cheers,

Chris

Dave W:
Hi Des

Congratulations on starting your own WW1 aircraft modellers forum! This is a natural complement to your existing website and I'm sure it will be very popular with modellers worldwide.

My very best wishes for the future of this forum and I am delighted to be a member and I agree with Chris- this site will set the standard for WW1 aviation modelling!

Very best wishes

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

phs Paddy:
Hello Des,
Well, this is grand and I want to wish you the very best on your new forum. I count it a privilege to be a member of this forum headed up by one of the leading Ambassadors for the builders and manufactures of WWI scale model aircraft. This is going to be fun and I will be expecting to see old and new friends here.

All the best,

Paddy  :)

Whiteknuckles:
G'day Des,

Congratulations on the new forum!!
I've followed your site for quite a while and find it very, very inspiring. Your work, enthusiasm and explanations are great!

With all the rich experience of yourself and the growing number of forum members to inspire me (a relative newcomer to modelling) I might just get my Roden Fokker DR.1 project back up and running..... ::) ;)

Cheers and thanks,

Andrew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version