Author Topic: Albatros OEFAG DIII - ERUARD 1/48  (Read 2286 times)

Offline Adam

Albatros OEFAG DIII - ERUARD 1/48
« on: July 01, 2013, 07:38:44 AM »
Now I have a break in the construction of models of WW I.
I promised myself that I finish first two models of the Vietnam War.

In the meantime, I would like to present a brief account of the construction of Oeffag Albatros D III, Eduard. The model is from 7 fighter sqadron fro Polish Air Force . In this squadron flew the American  volunteers and they helps Poland to stop the Red Army in the war of 1918-1920. The tradition of the squadron took over 303 Squadron in the Battle of Britain.

Starting materials, can also be seen here the other models from 7-th squadron, these models are different times of my modeling, Camel is from the 70's.

I hadn't the  PE in 1/48 scale, I applied the following method, I scanned PE 1/72 scale, increased the the 1/48 and printed out. Then I cut out and paste it of an old credit card.

Enough for today ,  tomorrow morning I must wake up at 5 am for my service trip. Maybe when I have time I will try to finish it at  the hotel.

Adam
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 09:00:47 PM by Adam »

Offline xmald

Re: Albatros OEFAG DIII - ERUARD 1/48
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 07:09:16 AM »
Adam, I`m more than happy to see you building some WWI stuff again (enough of Vietnam I hope ;))
You haven` t been around for a while!
What markings are you going to use? Do you have Brumowski` s markings ? If you aren` t going to use them maybe we can make a deal  ;)
I see that you are trully an Albatros lover!
I`m building something from Austro - Hungary too - just look to under construction section.
Best regards
Filip

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 05:31:18 PM »
There is never too many models of aircraft from 7th Squadron!!! It is great, that you got to build this one, Adam. Very nice progress on the interior. Looking forward to see it unveil.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Adam

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 07:24:05 PM »
Filip.
Models with the Vietnam War I did yet while the war lasted, so it is a very old love.  ;D
This model Oeffag was  made long time ago and how it is pointed out it is from the 7th Fighter Squadron. I posted pictures with the construction for one of our colleagues, who had just built this model.
When I  finish the construction of the two models from the war in Vietnam I promise that I will begin Nieuport 24 bis.

Przemol I also really like the 7th Squadron and its tradition.
(Short History the squadron for our colleagues in the forum)
Aircraft of this squadron took part in the Polish - Bolshevik 1918 -1920, historians identify it as one of the top 18 battles in history.
Then the airplanes with this emblem of was defended Warsaw in September 1939.
Then took over the tradition and emblem Polish 303 Squadron taking part in the BOB and there was one of the best squadrons.
At a time when Poland was in the Warsaw Pact this squadron was forgotten. After the Polish accession to NATO again this emblem appeared on polish  planes.

Adam.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 08:58:16 PM by Adam »

Offline Adam

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 10:22:31 PM »
Now some pictures of the engine.

For getting dirty engine I used this set.

My way to make the machine guns.

Because I wanted to show the engine so I removed  cover.

Next step, painting.

I putted decals.

Now it is time to mount the upper wing.

Both wings have already mounted, in addition to the comparison of its little brother.

Unfortunately, I did not made pictures from paint of checkered, I made myself a mask, and I am very proud , it helped me to paint checkered on the Fokker  Dr.1

My model is finished.

It was my first model in 1:48 scale, Next was the Fokker Dr.1 1:32 scale, and probably will stay at this scale, but I plan also to empty stash with 1:72 models too.

Adam.

Offline mgunns

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 01:39:04 AM »
Hello Adam:

Very nicely done!

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 02:34:46 AM »
Beautifully done, Adam!  I love it.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 02:57:01 AM »
  Adam,
Now that's one Awesome OEFAG D.III my friend. I'm beginning to really love all the excellent Polish aircraft seen here on our forum. I hope to see more of these in the future. Congratulations to you my friend this project is an outstanding showcase of your skill and craftsmanship. Well Done.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette

PS: Looking forward to your Dr.I .
" What Me Worry"

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 05:12:02 PM »
first i must say nice work for an excellent subject. next , where did you get the squadron decal? i have a pair left over from my karaya ansaldo balilla that will work on my project. i want to do a polish d.iii oef with sworls on the wings too. but i like polish markings and would like to do others from this squadron.

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 10:41:11 PM »
Beautiful model, Adam!  Very well done.
Thanks for sharing with us.

Best Regards,
Ernie
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Adam

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 12:29:07 AM »
Thank you for your opinions.
It will be motivation for me for further work modeling.

Albatros1234 these decals were made privately by my colleague, I asked him to give you his address. He agreed so check private e-mail.

Thanks again to everyone for your opinions.

Adam.