Author Topic: WnW 1/32 Max Immelmann  (Read 2861 times)

Offline gedmundson

WnW 1/32 Max Immelmann
« on: July 18, 2023, 05:29:19 AM »
I recently bought the WnW Fokker E.II kit which comes with a resin cast figure of Max Immelmann. I wanted to check the casting after reading some comments about the quality not being quite as good as it should be - and sure enough it was a bit rough in places, and the end of his nose was missing. After repairing the figure with some Magic Sculpt epoxy putty, I thought I'd paint him up.

Of course, breaking open the plastic bag of the figure meant I'd basically "started" the model of the Eindecker. So it's now under way and I'll try and get a few pictures posted up in the "Construction" section soon.

The figure was primed by airbrushing on XF-1 Flat Black and Field Grey, then using Vallejo acrylics for the majority of the rest.
Cheers,
Gary

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
Re: WnW 1/32 Max Immelmann
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2023, 05:10:20 PM »
Lovely work Gary and I'm excited to see his Eindecker!

Offline macsporran

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2023, 06:56:43 PM »
As always, your figures are superb, Gary. So lifelike.

This one is so good I actually recognise him, but it's not Imm - it's the guy who ran the Italian chip shop next door to our house when I was a kid! a Signor Zanre!
Who knew he looked so like Max I?
Sandy

Offline RichieW

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2023, 07:00:05 PM »
Another brilliantly painted figure full of life. This was the first figure I painted, it may not have looked quite yours! 😂

Offline Davos522

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2023, 04:02:34 AM »
Amazing work. I had to laugh when I read Sandy's comment, because I'd decided he looked just like fantasy author Lord Dunsany. Chip shop owner, Great War ace, Anglo-Irish peer; there's a connection there, somewhere...

Dave V.