Author Topic: Plan and Design Sources  (Read 1138 times)

Offline SEADog

• War may be hell, but just wait til you´re married!
Plan and Design Sources
« on: May 14, 2013, 11:35:10 PM »
Hi All
I have been following Des´s scartchbuild of the Caudron G3. The first thing I noticed is that he indicated that he was building the model from 1-32 plans. I know there are a lot of places where plans and model designs can be purchased, but most are for balsh or foam aircraft and not very suitable for plastic. My question is where can one find good, or at least reasonable, plans suitable for building plastic models? And Des, if you are reading this, might you please indicate where you obtained your plans for the Caudron? I would love to have a go at that aircraft as a scratchbuild.
Thanks for reading, and take care,
Richard
Off with their heads!!!

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
Re: Plan and Design Sources
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 11:49:56 PM »
  Richard,
There are many excellent plans included in the Windsock Magazine and Datafiles for WW I projects. Very good plans show up in most Model magazines from time to time just not a lot of WW I subjects. If you would like I would gladly scan some of my plans for you and get them to you via e-mail. Just let me know what you're looking for and if I have it I'll send it to you.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline SEADog

• War may be hell, but just wait til you´re married!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 06:22:52 AM »
ii Gregory
Thank you for your most generous offer. I am primarily interested in WWI, interwar year, and early WWII multi'wing floatplanes, seaplanes, flying boats, what have you. How do I get my email address to you? I am not sure that putting emails in posts is quite up to snuff here. Again, many thanks.
Take care,
Richard
Off with their heads!!!

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 06:45:52 AM »
  Richard,
Just drop me a PM with your address. I can be of help with the WWI aircraft but I'm afraid I don't have anything on the other eras you listed. Have you considered working from plans designed for stick and tissue models. If you're interested in work from them I can supply a link were they're found. Also if you would make up a list of what WWI types you're interested in.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 07:26:26 AM »
Hello Richard,

Please send me your mailing address via PM or email and I will gladly send you a set of 1:32 scale planes for the Caudron G3, it would be my pleasure.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com