Author Topic: Memorial Flight's BE2f reproduction  (Read 3022 times)

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
Memorial Flight's BE2f reproduction
« on: February 02, 2013, 06:13:17 AM »
I noticed the Memorial Flight have posted a 'photoscope' of the fuselage prior to covering which shows some great detail for modellers. Given that TVAL have an original, restored BE2f I reckon there is a distinct possibility that WNW could kit one of these.

The Memorial Flight are building it using the original drawings and it will have a 90 HP RAF engine (perhaps from The Vintage Aviator Ltd?). It is being finished as a modified night bomber in the markings of  #2560 of 52 Squadron, complete with all its night equipment (electrical lighting, pyrotechnics, etc)

The Be2f was the official designation for Be2c fuselages mated with Be2e wings and stabilizers, offering a slight improvement in performance

"As the aircraft is being finished as a night bomber, a fully working electric lighting system, copied from the original one, will be installed. Thus, the cockpit will be entirely lit up, and the Be2 will be equipped with navigation lights. A morse light is fitted under the fuselage and activated with a morse key located inside the cockpit"

As at Sep-12:

As at Feb-12:

It looks great! The Memorial Flight have confirmed it will be staying with them on completion

Cheers
James
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Online pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Re: Memorial Flight's BE2f reproduction
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 06:15:48 AM »
James, once again terrific detail shots. Thanks for passing them along!!

Steve

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 07:24:57 AM »
wow cool, thanks again.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 10:37:01 AM »
James,
    Again, thanks so much for your contributions here. Your photography is doubly appreciated as you use a modellers perspective in your composition and thus it is priceless reference material for us. Keep up the excellent work.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline youngtiger1

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 04:13:47 PM »
Wonderful photographs James. I'm going to save them for future reference. Thank you for sharing.  ;)

Mike

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 06:12:14 PM »
I need to say that these are not *my* photos, I have merely provided links to the images from the Memorial Flight website for those modellers here that were not aware of the update. I do have a lot of reference photos of TVAL aircraft but I have not travelled to France to visit the Memorial Flight.
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 07:03:58 PM »
so the be2e had a diff fuse than the "c"? only diff i could fig out was the pit openings a gun placement(which seems to vary anyway). was under the impression that was the deal.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 05:59:35 AM by ALBATROS1234 »

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 01:53:55 AM »
  James,
Once again we are indebted to you for sharing these excellent photos with us my old friend. You're a first rate asset to this forum and WWI modelers everywhere. Many Thanks!!
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline stefanbuss

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 06:17:50 PM »
Thank you very much for providing the photos. I am surprised to see the rather reddish tone on the LVG's fuselage...

Kind regards,
Stefan