Author Topic: Request aircraft identification assistance  (Read 889 times)

Offline poznanmid

Request aircraft identification assistance
« on: March 04, 2013, 10:51:54 AM »
My wife's grandmother Helga is visiting with us this week and she brought out a few family photos.  Her father apparently flew for the Germans during WWI.  Her father's name was Hans Harlinghausen and he was from the Osnabruck area of Germany and came from a relatively wealthy family that made their money in the publishing industry.  The only Harlinghausen reference I could find using a quick Google search was Martin Harlinghausen (likely a distant relation), who flew for the Luftwaffe during WWII.    This is the only picture Helga had of him.  I am trying to identify what kind of aircraft is in the picture.  Please pardon the generally poor scan quality.  It kind of looks like and Albatros B.II to me but I don't know enough about early German aircraft to ID it for certain.  Any assistance that can be provided is appreciated. 

The stupid shall be punished.

Offline ALBATROS1234

Re: Request aircraft identification assistance
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 03:58:58 PM »
thats exactly what that is, the first clue its an albatros it says 1914 johannisthal which is exactly where the albatros factory was. 1914 the b.ii was in active use. and that is definately one, i can tell by the cabane config, the tank shape, radiator shape, 2 louvers in front of radiator . and that unique windshield for the front pit. albatros b.ii no doubt.