Author Topic: Not quite an airplane question, but looking for RFC uniform and flying suit refs  (Read 1182 times)

Offline Maxfinn

• MaxModels
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a good reference for RFC uniforms and flying suits?  I'm talking with a sculptor about starting a line of 1/32 pilot figures and we've got several good ideas for some figures posed differently than any others I've seen, but we could really use some more detailed references so we can get the details as correct as we can.

I've already done my best to scour the interweb, and have thumbed through a whole mess of Datafiles and haven't really found what I'm looking for.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mike
Mike Moore
I just love building models!

Offline rhallinger

Hi Mike.  I can't help with the references (I'm sure our UK and Empire friends will come through for you though!), but since you opened the door, two things I'll offer: first, best wishes on the venture and thanks for looking out for us; and second, a request--please consider some seated pilot figures for us to show the aeroplane occupied!  That would be very nice, as our options right now are limited to the single PJ Productions German and British figures.

Thanks for listening and good luck!

Regards,

Bob

Offline Maxfinn

• MaxModels
Bob, thanks for your well wishes...I may need them!  As to pilots in the cockpit, I'm sure I'll get there if this proves a success, but I'll be honest and tell you it will likely be a little while.  I'm hoping to have the first two figures out in time to debut at the IPMS USA Nationals, and I'll have to see how things go from there.  I can promise you that the first word of them will be here though!

And Bo, thanks!  That looks like it's just the ticket!  I'm emailing a friend in the book business right away to see if he's got that title!

Thanks guys!

Mike
Mike Moore

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Good luck Mike with your new venture, I hope it all works out well for you. WW1 pilot and ground crew figures are something that are sadly lacking in 1"32 scale, especially seated pilots and observers holding the machine gun. I hope you find all the necessary information you require to get your first figures to market, I am keenly looking forward to seeing your first run.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Maxfinn

• MaxModels
Thanks Des!
Mike Moore