Author Topic: Sopwith Snipe reproduction by TVAL (Barker's markings)  (Read 2997 times)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Sopwith Snipe reproduction by TVAL (Barker's markings)
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 03:21:59 PM »
Thanks Jamo fpr the images, these will come very handy when I get my kit, and the photos you have in your photobucket album are brilliant.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline youngtiger1

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 04:50:55 PM »
James, again wonderful phtographs. I just looked through all of them in your link.

Btw, that brought a question to mind regarding stencils...I see it has black and white stencils on the site of fuselage and wings. Since this is a reproduction of the real thing then are all stencil markings accurate as well? For example; white "Lift here w/ downward arrows" on the rear side of fuselage. Are those there just because its to help the new/modern crew or will are they applied to most WW1 tail-draggiers?

Mike 

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 06:09:09 PM »
The stencil markings are historically accurate. Many RFC aircraft had those arrows, some individual aircraft had them painted over. If you browse through the various WNW archive RFC/RAF photos you will see them.

Cheers
James
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 04:14:21 AM »
TVAL have recently advertised their ANZAC Day airshow and it seems they have built another Snipe, and it looks like it is finished in Barker's markings same as the one exported to Kermit Weeks in Florida. Yay! Hope this will one will stay in Masterton

Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/