Author Topic: Marking and Camo profile??  (Read 1087 times)

Offline youngtiger1

Marking and Camo profile??
« on: February 13, 2013, 02:52:20 PM »
Hey Gang,

I'm new to WW1 aircrafts, so I've got couple off question for y'all.  Is there any website online that shows markings and camo that were applied to aircrafts by most major WW1 players? It will save me a lot of headache if I can see most of these at one place.

Also, I don't suppose there is a reference of decals that are/were created for WW1 planes in 1/32? Any input will be great appreciated. TIA

Mike

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
Re: Marking and Camo profile??
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 09:44:00 PM »
Well, there is always this: http://wp.scn.ru/en

Frightfully designed in so far as navigation goes, and the source material are sometimes more than a little suspect and probably often ripped off, but as a comprehensive survey it can be ahem useful.

A huge, often contentious topic and not easily satisfied with a single source... Kinda what keeps some of us at least coming back to this subject :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:48:36 PM by Bo Monroe »

Offline youngtiger1

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 02:40:32 PM »
Bo, thanks for the link. It sure has a lot of profiles of different aircrafts. I've found few books online but I'm not sure if they be worth buying just for few profile arts. Just like you said, subject that will need continues research and thus this cool website ;)

Mike

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 10:50:14 PM »
Mike:

Check out this thread here:

http://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=1307.30

A member put together a database of kits and I think there was some talk of doing the same for aftermarket parts and decals as well, but I don't know if that has happened yet, as this is all very recent.

I still rely on a Google seach for the decals I want, to see if anything s out there. 

Regards,

Bob