Author Topic: Late entry - 1/48 Eduard moraine-saulnier type n  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Brad Cancian

• Administrator
  • "This time I've got you, Red Baron!"
    • Brad's Models
Re: Late entry - 1/48 Eduard moraine-saulnier type n
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2024, 06:53:19 PM »
Thanks all… a question… perhaps for Brad as you’ve already done a lovely one of these! Any advice on the rigging? I know the wing doesn’t have a lot to connect to and perhaps Frank suggested it needed structural rigging.. I’m wondering if a few dabs of superglue gel would suffice for using elastic ? For some reason I have more success with elastic… and any suggestions on what works well in 1/48 scale (using either elastic thread or monofilament)? New experience for me.

Cheers
Matt

Hi Matt! Indeed, my rigging material of choice is elastic, which bonds quickly with a small dab of superglue. A light touch with some superglue accelerator will make sure your rigging line stays in place.

As noted, elastic adds nothing to structural strength, but for a monoplane such as this one (and having done one of these before as you've kindly noted), structural strength isn't too much of a concern :)

Looking forward to seeing more!

Cheers,

BC
Owner and Administrator
forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline FokkerFodder

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2024, 12:40:12 AM »
Thanks all and for the advice, Alan and Brad - I've added a couple of brass pins so hopefully the wings will attach ok.

Also a small update.. now buttoned up and added a bit of colour to the linen. It seemed a bit pale given the varnish, castor oil, grime etc which would have given a darker hue. Not sure it's there but a start - the weathering will darken it further as well.

I'm heading back to Oz for 2 weeks so no more updates until I'm back, although I'm hoping to stock up on a few modelling supplies over this time so I can push forward on this.

Take care all.

cheers
Matt

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2024, 04:04:21 AM »
That really looks great! I Love the Linen!!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2024, 08:04:57 AM »
Nice work on this one Matt.
Cheers,
Gary

Offline NigelR

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2024, 06:35:27 PM »