Author Topic: DH.2 gravity tank  (Read 1090 times)

Offline Verbena

DH.2 gravity tank
« on: February 19, 2013, 08:13:20 PM »
I am building the WNW DH.2 as A2540 but need some help with the configuration of the gravity fuel tank.

The instructions indicate removal of the clear fuel gauge and the use of the the strut with the fuel line which stops at the leading edge but I can't see what it connects to from there. In the reference photos of A2540 provided by WNW it almost appears that the fuel line runs through the wing and joins up with the front strut underneath.

I've had a look through Datafile 48 but am none the wiser. Can anyone assist?

Offline gcn

Re: DH.2 gravity tank
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 10:24:24 PM »
Not sure exactly what they are saying in the instructions. Is it a case of fixing the fuel gauge and then taking it off again with the advantage being that you have filled the holes for where the gauge went.

I did option B so I didn't have that problem, but that's how I interpret it.

edit:: have a look on WNW site Dave Johnson has built A2540 and that is what he appears to have done.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 10:27:14 PM by gcn »

Offline Verbena

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 08:05:42 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion.

I had a look at Dave Johnson's build but I still can't quite work out what he has done with the fuel line which comes up the strut and then runs out to the undersurface of the leading edge - it seems to stop in the middle of nowhere with nothing to connect to! I think I'll keep searching - it's a good enough excuse to get started on the Snipe.

Offline Verbena

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 07:39:59 PM »
Problem solved thanks to WNW.

There is a close up of the leading edge of A2450 on the WNW website which explains all. The fuel line runs from the base of the gravity tank to the leading edge,turns left along the LE for a bit and then runs back under to join up with the strut.

If anyone else out there is doing A2450, don't forget to cut away the cowl in front of the front cabane strut to accommodate the fuel line, as per the photo on page 7 of the instructions. I did and found it a bit of challenge to get a neat finish retrospectively.