WW1 Aircraft Modeling > What's New

Dave Wilson's Book - "Fallen London"

(1/1)

Brad Cancian:
Hi everyone - Dave Wilson's son, Royce, asked me to pass on the below regarding a book that our late forum owner had written prior to his recent passing. In Royce's own words -

As many of you know, my Dad (David Wilson) died recently – we had his funeral on Wednesday, April 3 and it was lovely (at least, as lovely as a funeral can be).

Thank you to everyone who came along to celebrate his life and support Sally Wilson, Miles and I as well – it meant so much do us, and Dad would have been astonished with how many people were there, not only in person but watching via the magic of the internet as well.

Dad had been working on a novel before he died, called “Fallen London”. It’s an alternate history thriller set in a 1943 London where the Nazis won WWII; the main character is a former RAF Hurricane fighter pilot.

The blurb:
“It is 1943. Germany won the Battle of Britain in 1940 and invaded the United Kingdom. The King has escaped to Canada, Prime Minister Winston Churchill has vanished and is believed dead. America remains neutral.

Britain is under Nazi rule.

Despite this, an unlikely Resistance movement is operating against the invaders, and its ranks are about to be bolstered by a reluctant new member, former RAF fighter pilot Will Bartlett, who has inadvertently discovered a terrifying secret about the Occupier’s vision for the future of Britain…

Nazis. War. British Defeat. Occupation. London. Resistance. Jewish underground fighters. East End gangs. His ex-wife.

Will Bartlett has a lot to process, and not a lot of time to do it – especially with the stakes climbing and the Nazi plans advancing rapidly.”

Dad spent ages trying to get it published through traditional channels, and despite a number of publishers saying they really liked it, things never seemed to get beyond that stage and he wasn’t able to get it published via traditional pathways before he died.

As his health failed, Dad asked me to polish off his book and get it published electronically, and I’m happy to announce that it is now available as a Kindle e-book via Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B0CY255GHH

The amount of research Dad put into the book is significant – he was a lifelong military historian, and loved the city of London (despite being born in NZ and living in Australia for nearly 25 years), and both elements come through clearly in the book.

It’s also a legitimately good book in its own right – I’m not just saying that because I’m his son and I helped with it; it’s really well written, well-paced, with some really interesting characters and twists.

It's also too good a story to have left sitting in in Dad's bottom drawer - stories are meant for reading, after all - so in that spirit Dad (and I) hope people enjoy "Fallen London".

I am certainly going to have a read of this exciting book that Dave had clearly enjoyed writing. As Dave was a journalist by trade, I am sure he turned out a gripping tale. I would also encourage all of you who like a good read to jump into the above Amazon link and engage in the opportunity to read "Fallen London", as a tribute to our late and great forum owner, and to support Dave's family in publishing something that Dave truly has a passion in producing.

Cheers all,

Brad C

bobs_buckles:
Thank you, Brad.
I look forward to reading Dave's work.

God bless you Dave.
Be at peace my friend.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version