WW1 Aircraft Modeling > Under Construction

Colourful Camel, Eduard 1/48

(1/8) > >>

FAf:
Hi all... after a fairly long absence from the forum and a period of low building intensity, I now feel that it might be time to post something again.

It's been about nine months since I last took a picture of one of my models/my modelling progress, and I realise that I've left some unfinished build logs here. I'll see what to do about those. In the mean time I've build one Eduard Camel and one Eduard Albatros D.III Oeffag and inspired by the easy build of the former I decided to start this new Camel build and to build the celebratory Ruston Camel.

Not my copyright on this image.

Some progress shots will bring you to present status. The aim is to have in finished until April 13th, when my closest modelling contest is returning after a few years abscence.

All parts prepped and ready for primer. This is the Weekend boxing, so I added the Space set to get the seatbelts.

This is my third Eduard Camel and I've come to realise that very little will be visible down the cockpit opening, so I took some shortcuts. No woodgrain in the cockpit, just different colours of wood. No internal rigging. Pretty basic painting.

White was the first colour to paint, as it is the basic colour for the wings and horisontal stabilisers.

Masks prepared and ready for yellow paint. Next picture is just before painting the last colours.

Unmasked! Pretty happy with the results. It took some careful masking and painting, but, except for a few areas to touch up, everything went according to plan.

Next steps include the long black lines on the wings and the eyes on the cowl.
/Fredrik

Davos522:
Wow! An incredibly complex job, this is going to be fun to follow along with. It looks great so far.

Dutch

PrzemoL:
Oh my! What an entry!

djuggie:
One of my favorite Camel color schemes.  You are doing an excellent job on it.  Keep up the good work.

Dennis

NigelR:
That's incredible masking work, the result looks fantastic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version