WW1 Aircraft Modeling > Completed models

Another 1/72 Albatros

(1/7) > >>

DaddyO:
Eventually got around to completing this little bird which has been loitering at the back of the workbench for a while now  :)

It's Eduard's 1/72 version of the DV from one the dual combo boxing's. Can't remember too much about the detail of the original part of the build apart from the fact that I created the headrest from an old 'bomb' with filler before I realized that the kit contained this part already! - Ah well.

I wanted a wooden fuselage version and was given a bunch of decals which had this rather nice scheme with a full black tail and no headrest; trawling over the interweb I found a picture of the pilot preparing to get into the (presumably earlier incarnation) which showed the headrest and standard camouflaged tail. Looking at the finished model I rather wish I'd chosen a more colourful option, but there's always that second kit waiting there . . . .

DaddyO:
Main struts are from filed and soldered brass, cabane ones came from a Roden DV kit with a lot of sanding and the wheels were from Eduard's DVII kit which I preferred. Prop is carved from wood and rigging is monofilamnet as usual.

DaddyO:
A few extra details were added just for fun around the front of the engine. Radiator pipes were from solder and added after the top wing was in place, which was fun.

After repainting the wing (the original green and purple looked too dark) I wan't happy with the aileron actuators being etched brass in the kit so these ones are tiny bits of carved plastic with wire pushrods (just about visible in some views)

DaddyO:
Final shot is it sitting on it's base. I still need to add a couple of details like the windscreen and may make up a small set of steps to go along side

Hope you like it
Paul

KiwiZac:
That is so, so very pretty Paul. Beautiful work!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version