WW1 Aircraft Modeling > Under Construction

Roden 1/32 Strutter, A1083 45 Squadron

(1/11) > >>

NigelR:
I've just started a slow and steady build of the Roden Strutter using the Aviattic decals and add-ons. Just working on the interior at present.

My subject aircraft has a CDL fuselage so the I attempted to emulate the roundels showing through on the interior. I sprayed the interiors white, sprayed the roundels (a little heavier than I intended) and then misted some white over the roundel to make it a bit less obvious. I should have gone a little heavier with this....  My circle cutter could not cut a small enough circle for the central red circle, so these are a bit wonky. Anyone know of any good circle cutters?

I painted the framing by hand. Although the supplied masks are very clever, I am better with a paintbrush than scissors and found painting the framing quite easy. I added a bit of pre-weathering as well.

I then applied the interior CDL decals (which are quite subtle over the white), added some rigging from EZ Line and added more weathering. Note I have added a flase floor from plasticard to cover up the join in the fuselage:

Finally here's the lovely resin instrument board which I spent too much time detailing. Although the supplied decals are nice, I used some Airscale ones which I have had in my stash for years.

PrzemoL:
Great start, Nigel. Like that see-through roundels.

Flik63J:
That’s a gorgeous instrument panel Nigel………looking forward to seeing your build unfold.

David

DaddyO:
Loving it so far Nigel.
That instrument panel is worthy of a display all by itself  :)

(Have a chat about roundel cutting tomorrow)

Paul

macsporran:
Beautiful work, Nigel. That instr panel is wonderful.

As regards applying more white overspray on internal roundels I don't think you needed it. SimonCornes' detail shots from the RAF Museum Strutter show how strongly the roundels showed through (over in the Aircraft ref section.) Admittedly this is in a brightly lit hall but no brighter than outdoor sunshine.

Sandy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version