WW1 Aircraft Modeling > Completed models

1/72 Nieuport 27 RFC

(1/7) > >>

DaddyO:
Afternoon all

I got a bit bogged down with the group of Tripes I've been working on and then a succession of chest infections meant I wasn't very enthusiastic about modelling anything so I started flipping through some old issues of Cross & Cockade and came across an article about the RFC's Nieuport 27's (Specifically Capt. E S Meek) Now I can't really resist a Nieuport at the best of times, but the last of the line of 'V strutters', well it wasn't long before I was rummaging through the boxes of kits to see what I had  ;D

I know Roden produced a version of the 27, but I didn't have one. I did have a 24 though which was nearly the same ;) Unfortunately the spare tail feathers had already been removed from the box, but not too difficult to make those and a spare Camel U/C would provide the split axle needed so everything was good to go.

Typically I couldn't resist adding some interior and a few extra details here and there. The 'boiler plate rivets' were quickly removed and new stitching and other bits and bobs added. Gentleman Meek was supplied by my mate Nigel and various decals were sourced from the spares box. The rather unusual number on the fin came from an old sheet of Letraset I sourced on Fleabay

I'll post a few in progress shots later, but here's how she turned out.

Paul

DaddyO:
Overall top view ( I decided after rigging that the light green was too pale so this is the revised version repainted AFTER rigging which was exciting) :o

DaddyO:
Obligatory bottom view  8)

DaddyO:
Here's Capt. Meek himself before mounting

DaddyO:
And everything mounted on it's new base

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version