WW1 Aircraft Modeling > WW1 Aircraft Information/Questions

Revell 1/72 old mold Fokker Dr.I

(1/2) > >>

Rick_H:
Lagging way behind djuggie, I still intend to build enough 1/72 triplanes to use up *many* of the various decals that are out there. (or "were" out there)

The trouble is that my stash includes a bunch of the old Revell-molded kit, in addition to a new Revell mold, and a few Roden and Eduard kits.  So I would like to ask of the massed brain-trust here, what needs to be done to work with the old Revell kt?  I know the ailerons need attention and the heavy stitching needs to come off the wings.  The interior needs to be spruced up.  Control horns need to be added while my patience lasts.  And the horrible wheels need attention of some kind - I have just been replacing them.

Any other ideas?
Thanks,
Rick in Seattle

WD:
Sounds to me like you have it about covered Rick, at least as far as I know.

Warren

Tim Mixon:
An ambitious project Rick. My only addition is that the original Revell Oberursel engine needs to be replaced as well.  That being said, I feel the retooled Revell DR.1 is the best OOB kit in 1/72.
Good luck with your builds!

Tim

Rick_H:
Thanks!

What needs help on the engine?
If it has to be replaced, then what's a suitable donor?
Could it be fixed with bits of plastic?

Rick in Seattle

Tim Mixon:
Rick,
For the limited amount of Dr.1’s I plan on building, I would replace the engine with Aeroclub. But if you are building in mass, then I probably wouldn’t bother due to expense and limited availability. Same goes for the Spandau guns.  I do agree that the wheels are a must replacement though.

Looking forward to seeing your results!
Tim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version