WW1 Aircraft Modeling > Hints and Tips/Questions about modeling

Bobs Buckles

(1/2) > >>

Nigttr:
I’ve noticed that Bobs website shows that trading is temporarily suspended. Anyone know how long this has been for and if Bob is OK?

I need new tubing and have been cutting my own (0.5 with 0.3 internal diameter), but despite getting a 0.3 drill bit to run through it easily, I have been unable to thread 0.12 fishing line through it and back again to form a loop even though there should be plenty of room Not sure why as I’ve never had that problem with Bobs tube. I have also tried drilling the tube out with a 0.35 drill bit, but have great difficulty with the tube spinning despite gripping it with pliers. 

Any ideas?

I hope Bob is OK and will re-open soon!

WD:
I remember in correspondence with him late least year/earlier this year that he told me that he was about ready to pack it in. I hope not, but there's always the chance he's said enough is enough.

Warren

pepperman42:
If he doesn't want to do Bob's Buckles anymore I get it, there's always eventually a time, but sure would like to see him here.

Steve

WD:
Folks, I just heard back from Bob, and he's suspended operations for the foreseeable future due to health issues. He says to treat this news as read-only, and that he doesn't possess the energy to reply to messages, emails, or engage on the forums, etc.

Warren

macsporran:
From Large Scale Planes on FB

Dear friends,
Due to my ongoing health problems associated with the aftermath of covid, I have decided to suspend making eyelets and cut tube for the foreseeable future. I just wanted to bring you up to date. Please spread the word on here and forums. My thanks go out to each  and everyone of you who put trust in my products over the years, it has been a pleasure to help. PLEASE: Treat this message as read only, I don't have the energy to reply to posts or DMs or engage on forums. Just know that I am thankful and appreciate your concerns. Many thanks. Bob

Let's all wish him the best in spirit and hope for him getting back to 100%.
Sandy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version